1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 3, 2014.

1. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I'm just waiting for the sweet nurse to drop 10 n-bombs in the opening show. It will be just like last season.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The twist is that there will be two HOHs who will each put up two nominees. There will be a Battle of the Block, which is probably the sets of nominees competing to get off the block. After that, I presume the usual veto competition, with the losing HOH being eligible to be a replacement nominee. Looks as if two HOH rooms are a possibility. CBS.com had a poll where you could vote for whom you'd want to align with. It may the way in which we pick the first pair of HOHs.

3. dooley_womack1

One of the cast members, Caleb, was found on his Instagram to have called Obama a "Muslim monkey" and to have used the word "fag" (not about British cigs). Great vetting, CBS!

And now for my yearly predictions. Last year, I picked Andy to finish second (I had Helen winning) and I correctly predicted David being the first evicted:

16. Amber: Seems to have no idea how to play the team and seems likely to burn bridges early.
    15. Donny: Seems kinda awkward, and people will probably want to keep bigger meat shields over him
    14. Zach: The house will agree the douchebag act has worn thin.
    13. Victoria: The house will agree the superior attitude has worn thin.
    12. Caleb: His bad characteristics will probably show through by this point.
    11. Brittany: Will have been bringing drama all season, and this will be the end of the line.
    10. Devin: House realizes it can't afford to keep such a physical threat around any longer.
    9. Hayden: Another physical threat goes in a double eviction
    8. Jocasta: Sacrificed by her alliance
    7. Joey: Coaster finally runs out of luck.
    6. Nicole: Cody casts aside his showmance to keep himself safe.
    5. Frankie: Twists meant to keep him in for the sake of his sisters' followers safe finally run out.
    4. Cody: Budding girls alliance of Paola and Christine take him out
    3. Paola: Derrick wins final HOH and takes Christine to the final
    2. Derrick: Loses the jury vote.
    1. Christine: Becomes the first woman to defeat a man in the jury vote.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I give Dooley props for making these predictions before the show even airs.

I haven't really looked at all of then closely yet -- I'll wait till it all goes live. It looks like brought in a bunch of model types and recruits (More than half of them were recruited), and Frankie is obviously a ratings ploy, but there seem to be a few superfans competing. I am glad it is at least an all newbie cast. I actually think Frankie might go far. It will be like Elissa last season. Any viewer vote and he has a built-in advantage that will get him through a few rocky weeks. Unlike Elissa, he might have a bit of game.

I'll throw out -- from something I just read -- that there will be a good girl alliance this year.

I will go with Derrick (the undercover cop) as the winner, but it is a total stab in the dark at this point.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, the little DJ chick seems sure to implode early. "I'm driven, goal-oriented and know what I want. And what I want is to win... OOH! LOOK! CUTE GUY! (swoon)"

Idiot.

6. dooley_womack1

There's always talk of a girls alliance, but the conventional wisdom is that they eventually get catty with each other over stupid shit. Anyway, Amber executed the worst throwing of a competition ever, and the whole competition didn't seem very dramatic with only eight people competing. Lots of emphasis on setting up possible showmance, which often feels contrived. And the Team America twist is maddeningly vague; hard-core fans seem to hate it.

Coming tomorrow: Naked Christine!

7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

There could be a great fight when model girl realizes baseball player guy likes blue hair girl.

North Carolina guy cracks me up.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Donnie cracked me up, too -- surprisingly. I was prepared to hate him. I think he might earn a reputation as not being trustworthy, though.

I can't believe I am saying this, but Joey, the blue-haired girl totally works for me, too, even if I am a wee bit old to be looking at her. Amber, the model, not so much -- although I get the feeling she is more beautiful in person than she came across for me. I think she is going to be a competition beast, even if she did the lamest throwing of a competition ever -- she had that eye of the tiger look and I think she might be super competitive. I like her chances, if she doesn't paint a target on herself too early.

Frankie didn't annoy me quite as much as I thought he might. I like the fact that they got their flamboyant, big personality in there, but also made it someone who will be able to compete -- he is going to have physical stamina in some of the harder competitions.

I don't think Nicole is going to fare well. If I am wrong about that, it will be because she is a bit like Jordan (of Jeff and Jordan) was. She is my bet for the girl who gets chunkier as the summer goes along. I do like the fact that she is a real fan -- not a plant who studied up on 15 seasons in a month. I hope that helps her do better than I am anticipating.

Cody could do well, especially if he gets into a good alliance. If he rejects Paola, there is the potential for her to go psycho on him.

Paola was obviously the most annoying of the first eight (at least for me). And the producers knew it and played it up. It really made it clear how much they can paint perceptions of the houseguests with their editing.

I like Devin. I just hope he doesn't overplay his hand -- he is playing the "everyone's friend / gentle giant / I am going to encourage you for the whole summer, like I am your personal trainer," personality, even though he thinks he can manipulate people.

9. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I have so much trouble with their names for the first few weeks. I think Amber is gorgeous. Anybody watching the live feed? Did someone ask whether she threw the challenge?

I like Joey. I have no idea who Frankie's sister is, but he seems pretty fun.

Is Devin baseball player guy? I hope he stays around awhile.

10. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

She's on a show called "Sam and Cat" on Nickelodeon that my kids watch. Apparently, quite the popular singer as well.

11. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I think Frankie will do well.

I would think of the first 8, Paola might have a target on her to avoid the possibility of a showmance/alliance.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ugh. Just read that Paola is a friend of Gina Marie (or Guidette Marie, as I called her) from last season. To review:

• "I can have any man I want!" Strike 1.
    • Swooning on Day 1. Strike 2.
    • Friend of the illiterate doofus GM. Have a seat over there.

Next!

Draft saved Draft deleted