1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 14

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just getting to the Final 2 as a previous winner is an incredible accomplishment. In my opinion, he's the second best player in the history of the show... I would have thought that the second the coaches became players that the biggest target would have been on Boogie, with Dan a close second.

He played a brilliant game. My only issue with him was the whole "swearing on my wife" and "swearing on my grandfather's cross" some of that stuff just is really bad karma and is unnecessary.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd say he got to Final 2, and actually played the best game. But he was up against a 21-year-old who was awkwardly likeable and had talked a lot about his student debt. The people in the jury knew Dan had already won half a mil once. And on top of it, some of them thought he went a bit beyond playing the game and took it to a bad level. His maximum in that game was going to be second place. He got it. That is impressive.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, there was something about Ian that just made you root for him. I don't think you could say that about anyone else this season, except maybe Frank because it took them so many tries to get rid of him.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ian was surprising. The first week, when Boogie was basically trying to get him to not act like a dork, you really thought that socially he was going to annoy people and hasten his exit. But he settled down nicely. Then he was really smart about getting people to underestimate him. Knowing your weaknesses and using them to your advantage is a sign of good game play. I don't think it really affected anything, but when it came to the final speeches, Ian nailed his, and for all of Dan's polish, he came off as scripted and fake. Ian came across as poised, sincere and made a case for himself. He is so damned awkward that it is just stunning that he manages to find poise in moments like that and essentially be a completely different person.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Dan's coach-speak drove me nuts. What kind of football coach is stuck in a house until September 19th?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I found the one person who hates Ian: My mom. She's PISSED.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'd like to. I need to have a really well defined & scripted character for casting auditions. working on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted