1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hamsterwatch has a post by Janelle, who seems to confirm that it's those groups (no Chilltown). Ugh. And, btw, she gives us this gem:

Not sure if that was intentional or not...

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, I hope they cut down on the damn Pandora's boxes this year. And Twitter is a fun place to see the speculation; I particularly like https://twitter.com/#!/BigBrotherFish

3. printdust

printdust New Member

For all you Julie Chen fans...she just fell apart trying to read the Casey Anthony verdict on her afternoon talk show on CBS.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I miss him too. He got a raw deal twice in a row. He was awesome on it.

5. dooley_womack1

I look at the new cast more, and they seem to fall into types from the recent past:
    --Shelly: the Kathy mom figure, tho I don't think she will be nearly as much of a bump on a log
    --Lawon: this year's Reagan, or more like the gay housemate the year before (drawing blank on name)
    --Porsche: The Rachel, the cocktail waitress. I think she has the potential to be just as clueless.
    --Adam: The token Enzo, the north Jersey loudmouth in a committed relationship. As long as Adam can keep his hands out of his drawers, I can deal.
    --Cassi: Can be another Britney, or another Monet
    --Keith: Seems like Ronnie, with grand schemes that he doesn't have the chops to pull off.
    --Kalia: Could be a Lydia or Chima, but maybe more sane.
    --Dominic: Seems kinda earnest, like Brendon was, and is similarly working on an advanced degree. Does he say Neander-TALL, too?

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

omg @ that Rachel laugh.... she is the perfect villain. I love this cast.

7. dooley_womack1

The Golden Key is a great twist. Yeah, the non-evicted member of a pair on the block is free from the block until there are 10 left. But they can't affect the game by being head of household of holding the power of veto. They basically are free agents, available to form alliances, but not being able to do much back-stabbing. I really think Rachel will keep her deal with Evel Dick and Danielle. I can imagine Rachel nominating Jeff/Jordan; I'm sure she doesn't see any of the newcomers as threats yet. But I can also see her picking a newbie team if one of its members gets on her bad side. That was her downfall last time, letting her beef with Kristen get in the way of putting two threats on the block.

8. dooley_womack1

One unanswered question: can the veto used to get one person off the block, or both?

9. dooley_womack1

As for the newbie pairs:
    --Cassi and Shelly is a match made in heaven for Cassi. The team is likely to float, as Shelly will be seen as the next Kathy and thus HOHs will figure they'll work on bigger threats first. And if they're on the block, the older woman will be more likely to go. But they seem to have by far the best chemistry of the new pairs.
    --Keith and Porsche will be the funnest to watch, as Porsche will lead Keith around by his hormones. Porsche is the most likely among the noobs to run afoul of Rachel
    --Adam and Dominic could be a decent pair, if Dominic realizes that he can do major alliance-building as Adam brings the bombast. But I am not yet sold on Adam as the power player.
    --Kalia will so throw Lawon under the bus. She would be a fool not to try to get themselves put up

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I forgot how annoying the laugh is. Wanna brain her with a Louisville Slugger. Also, was that really Branden saying Danielle must be a saint for putting up with Dick? Uh... Branden... you're engaged to THAT and you want to talk about how someone can put up with their partner?!?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember Jeff being a lot more likable when he was on the first time. Can he open his mouth for more than 30 seconds without ragging on his girlfriend?

I'm not impressed with the cast. Of the six who came back, the only one I have any interest in watching is Evil Dick. Danielle is a brat and a bore, Brendon is an idiot. Rachel is a good player and a good villain, but... Jeff is a bore. Jordan is cute as hell, but dumb as a stump.

12. dooley_womack1

Well, Mizzou, your interest in watching returnees is down to none.

Draft saved Draft deleted