1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Blue channels its inner-Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Granted, it's only for road jerseys because the home ones will still virtually untouched (according to the story), but I'm not sure I like this look for Michigan.

Then again, it's the Rich Rodriguez era.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/07/14/michigan.uniforms.ap/index.html

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

i'm more surprised that they dropped Nike and went with Adidas. They've been a Nike school for over a decade and, I think, were one of the first to sign an endorsement deal with them.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yikes.

I hated it when Michigan added the maze striping on the shoulders a few years back. These are ugly.

The Michigan home and road jerseys are two of the best things in college football. That's no longer the case, at least IMO.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Road jerseys look like West Virginia's.... and advertising in Michigan Stadium will not, mercifully, be up to Rodriguez. Bill Martin's whoring with luxury boxes will be enough.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Those are hideous.

UM had the road jerseys just about right in the last few years.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Michigan has never been called "Big Blue." ::) ::)

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holy mother of God that's horrible lookin'

And I'm not sure how much Rodriguez had to do with this. WVU was a Nike school too as I recall. This was probably already in motion before he got there.

8. WoodyWommack

WoodyWommack Member

What's the big deal? It's a little yellow stripe?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's like putting names on the back of Yankees uniforms... Some things you don't fuck with.

10. WoodyWommack

WoodyWommack Member

You old guys are crazy about uniforms. Who cares? The kids are the ones who like them to changed every few years so they can have some different combos. Wearing the same jersey for 50-100 years is overrated. Should they go back to leather helmets or the jerseys with the shoe strings in the front?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe I crossed blue with Big House and got something new. Whatever the case, I am no Michigan historian.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you for telling me how I should feel. What should I have for breakfast this morning and what time should I shower, now that you're on a roll?

Draft saved Draft deleted