1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Ben's Night Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Freddie Mercury hurt Queen's image by dying of AIDS. Should've been suspended. [/crossthreading]

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

“I do believe this is the saddest day I have seen in The Steel City. Ben has acknowledged that what he did was wrong, but invoking the solemn power of suspension is wrong. What happened as a result does a great disservice to a man I believe will be regarded in the history books as one of our greatest quarterbacks."
    / Al Gore

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So this guy whips it out once and you give him a second chance. Brilliant. Where were these women when I was a stupid ass in my 20s?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

you were with the rest of us, on the other side of the velvet rope.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This story has more twists than a David Lynch film.

http://deadspin.com/5520027/a-new-big-ben-exposure-story-he-had-a-gray-penis?skyline=true&s=i

Yeah . . . thanks.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe he is part elephant.

7. I hate Snyder

I hate Snyder New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not smart enough to be part elephant.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Goodell prepares to slam the door in Ben's face:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5113322

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

TSP just wet himself with joy.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Devil just wet himself with sorrow.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Conditional suspension sounds like it could be longer than expected, but all Goodell really said was that there has been a violation, which means there will be some punishment. I don't know of anybody who doesn't expect at least some level of punishment.

My issue is with the "pattern of behavior." That makes me think he is including the previous accusation, which is pretty much a joke. If you are going to believe the witnesses in the Georgia case, then you have to believe the witnesses in the one from Vegas. That means believing that the woman was bragging about having had sex with Roethlisberger at the time, then deciding to turn on him a year later.

Goodell is taking a hell of a lot of power for himself with this one. Even many of the players seem to think that is a good thing because they want to see the big-time quarterback get punished. That's fine, but I get the feeling some people are going to be very unhappy that they got what they wished for some day very soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted