1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Ben's Night Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Would one be jumping to conclusions if one were to guess that perhaps that's why "male DNA" was found on the young woman.... but that there wasn't "enough of a sample" to provide the DNA evidence needed to charge him?

Are we beginning to see possibly what might have happened?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In reading the NFLPA CBA this morning in response to the mountain of jackass on that other thread, it becomes apparent that the Rooneys and/or the league can hand down a 4-game suspension without creating much of a legal headache for themselves.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and not good ones

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And the ones who did make it to the major league club would either blow out their elbow, tear an ACL or become a career journeyman

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"All my bitches, seek legal counsel!"

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

At this point Big Ben would be better off walking around with a notary than bodyguards and before he brings a woman back to the room -- be it the hotel room, the bathroom or at his house -- he has her sign a waiver and consent form and gets it notarized.

7. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Big Ben is a scum bag, putting him in the same company as a large number of professional athletes, and, for that matter, American males. He's also a scumbag without much common sense, which is why shit like this keeps happening.

But it is worth noting that when you wear a name tag that stands for "Down To Fuck" and you allow a scumbag to purchase you drinks all night, there is a good chance that he is going to get the wrong idea (if it was indeed the wrong idea).

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Big Ben's other night out. Can't believe this skank returned to his place. How dumb.

http://deadspin.com/5518855/yet-another-roethlisberger-incident-he-pulled-his-pants-down?skyline=true&s=i

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Between this story and the volcano coverage (which must be a guy thing and some sort of Freudian guilty pleasure), I don't know how anyone got any work done today.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why? Do you really think dumping Holmes was about morality? The Steelers decided that he wasn't worth the trouble any more. It's that simple.

Remember, Holmes has had legal trouble much more often than Roethlisberger. The team had to know he was going to be suspended by the league for violating the substance abuse policy (again) the next day. If I understand the rules correctly, next time he is gone for a full season.

Holmes is a hell of a player, but he is not as important to that team from a pure football standpoint as Roethlisberger. Also, this is his walk year and there was no way he was going to be re-signed after all the stupid shit he has pulled.

This is the same team that re-signed James Harrison long term despite the fact that he had been charged with busting through a door and assaulting his girlfriend about a year earlier. Maybe they care more about doing things the right way than some organizations, but that only goes so far.

P.S. Truly comic to see YGFKM obsessing about me on multiple threads.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Haha, I totally forgot about the fluffer comment. Pretty fitting, though. Did you like that better than the song? Which one made you laugh more?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The fluffer comment was actually funny. The song simply showed how sad your little obsession has become.

Draft saved Draft deleted