1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big 5 Classic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MCEchan36, Nov 21, 2006.

1. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

For anyone that has covered college basketball in the east, you must know of the Philadelphia Big 5 and the Big 5 Classic that's held at the Palestra the first weekend in December. I was checking my alma mater's athletics site to figure out when it was and what time they'd be playing when I saw there wasn't any mention of it. I checked the Big 5's website, and they just had the 2005 link standing. The B5C is probably the biggest day in college basketball in the Northeast, held in one of the most historic arenas in college basketball, and they just are not doing it? This is heart-breaking to say the least. Does anyone know why this isn't going on?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

3. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I realized 'Nova and Penn were playing, but for the last 6 or 7 years, or six Philly schools (Drexel is the Big 5's red-headed step-child that Chaney refused to play) played each other in a day-long triple-header. The atmosphere was definitely bigger and more electric when all six schools were in one place.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I blame Zack. :D

5. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Yeah, that's it. I heard about some one trying to snag some balls at last year's pre-game shoot-around. Then they sicced the "alleged" La Salle rapists/ballers after him.

Draft saved Draft deleted