1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big 12 sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by soonercharger, Nov 17, 2017.

1. soonercharger

soonercharger New Member

CNHI, LLC. has an immediate opening for a reporter to cover Big 12 Conference athletics. The writer will focus primarily on football and basketball with occasional assignments about other sports of state and national interest. This reporter will provide coverage for our newspapers, websites and mobile apps in locations in Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa and West Virginia. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of developing sources and digging out the stories our readers care about. He or she will be a talented writer with an ability to connect with an audience on both print and digital platforms. He or she will be comfortable on both sides of a camera and will know how to develop a following on social media. The position offers a competitive salary along with a benefits package including health insurance and a 401k plan. Send a resume and six samples of your best work to Kayla Castille, senior vice president of content and digital operations, at resumes@cnhi.com.

2. sporty

sporty Member

Does anyone know what became of this job?

3. ss90

ss90 Member

That's a good question. I actually applied for this one and never heard back after the initial "thanks and we'll let you know if you advance" email. I hopped on Twitter to see if Eric Prisbell, their existing roaming Big 12 reporterm said anything, but no "welcome to the team" type Tweets to be found. They may not have filled it.

4. Kevin Green

Kevin Green New Member

I 'm pretty sure it's been filled. I applied, and the person taking applications let me know they hired a candidate.

5. sporty

sporty Member

Any idea who got the position?

6. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Did Prisbell leave or is he still there?

7. ss90

ss90 Member

He's still there according to Linkedin.

8. sporty

sporty Member

My understanding is Eric left to move to the Bay Area, which created the opening. I don't think he has had a byline since December.

9. sporty

sporty Member

Draft saved Draft deleted