1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden, Dodd, Gravel out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Insider, Jan 3, 2008.

1. NBC confirming all three are done ...

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I think by Saturday the race will be down to nine people (Huckabee, Romney, McCain, Thompson, Paul, Giuliani, Obama, Edwards and Clinton)

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

So much for wasting my primary vote on Biden ... I do hope he'll consider a Cabinet post. It would be a shame to waste his foreign policy expertise, should Obama or Clinton win in November.

4. Joseph K.

Joseph K. New Member

That's a shame. Gravel was great comic relief. Gonna miss the old kook.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

You'd have to figure he'd show up in a Democratic administration somewhere.

6. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

You'd hope. Maybe even in the administration of a smart Republican.
    As for the field of nine, I'd imagine Kucinich will stick for a few more rounds. No reason for him not to, really.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bill Richardson, where are you?

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Biden was probably the only candidate I felt was the closest to a decent human being out of the lot. I knew he wasn't going to get the nomination, especially amongst this crowd, but I still would have enjoyed seeing him go a bit farther on the campaign trail.

9. How do you conclude that? Hell, I think all the R's are "decent human beings."
    I'm sorry I'm not going to get to vote for Dodd as a reward for him coming off the trail to fight against that awful telcom immunity bill while Hill and Obama were hiding under the desk.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

By the way, for those hoping Dodd gets rewarded with a Cabinet post, I wouldn't necessarily count on it. Connecticut's governor is a Republican, so if the majority remains tight, they're unlikely to want to give a seat away. (Assuming the governor appoints someone to the vacancy. Maybe he doesn't. I didn't look.)

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Sure, aside from the whole plagiarism thing. I mean, when even "Growing Pains" makes fun of you, again and again ...
    But he did have the best teeth.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I was talking about politicians in general. I have no party loyalties. Plus, tell me what candidate doesn't have a skeleton or two in their closets?

Draft saved Draft deleted