1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bicycle help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Max Mercy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Max ... be sure to let us know the final decision! (It'll be hers, I'm assuming). ;)

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Check your local shops to see if anyone sells used bikes.

Consider eBay.

If you can handle a wrench, or don't mind spending another $50 - 100 for final assembly by your local bike shop, look here, you might still save money: http://bikesdirect.com/

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, bikesdirect isn't bad. A few of my friends have bought road bikes from there and put a lot of miles on them. I'm still debating picking up one from there if I have some money left over this summer. I already have a nice Kona for mountain biking, but wouldn't mind a road bike for some nice long cruises.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Go to your local bike store and tell them what you're looking for. Take your wife, too - she's going to be riding the bike, so she should test-ride a few of them to see what's ultimately to her liking. It's like buying ski boots, because you have to find the right fit.

And if you go for a mountain bike, you can always switch out the tires to smoothies for easier road cycling.

Draft saved Draft deleted