1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bibi Kicking Ass in Speech to Congress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

I've asked him twice to comment on that.

2. mrbio

mrbio Member

"It's easier to perceive error than to find truth. For the former lies on the surface and is easily seen. While the latter lies in the depth where few are willing to search for it." --Goethe

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm still trying to figure out the benefit of being so supportive for Israel. What's in it for us? Besides weapons deals for military contractors?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Google "Christian Zionism" and "premillenial dispensationalism."

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

America has supported, and has had reasons to support, Israel long before these "movements" became "popular".

And they're still very small "movements".

6. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Bibi can shut the fuck up. Starting now. He issued a joint statement last year with Hillary Clinton based on the SAME FUCKING THING OBAMA SAID IN HIS SPEECH.

"The Prime Minister and the Secretary agreed on the importance of continuing direct negotiations to achieve our goals. The Secretary reiterated that 'the United States believes that through good-faith negotiations, the parties can mutually agree on an outcome which ends the conflict and reconciles the Palestinian goal of an independent and viable state, based on the 1967 lines, with agreed swaps, and the Israeli goal of a Jewish state with secure and recognized borders that reflect subsequent developments and meet Israeli security requirements."

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/05/a-joint-statement-from-clinton-and-netanyahu.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+andrewsullivan%2FrApM+%28The+Daily+Dish%29

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Start listing some of them then. Because from my perch, we seem to be the body guard for a rich pipsqueak that runs its mouth and causes a lot of problems. And all it nets us is grief.

8. mrbio

mrbio Member

"The lies of the emperor are always believed before the truth of the peasant."

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: Bibi Kicking @#!*% in Speech to Congress

Because we're helping a people keep a homeland in which, when they didn't have one, saw themselves nearly totally exterminated because they seemed different from everyone else.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Lot of good that does FH. Homeland schmomeland.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I don't know how old you are, but I assume that was in jest.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.