1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BH media layoffs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cosmo, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

The bottom line is the only goal of the major companies that own newspapers now is to line the pockets of the CEO. The bottom line is nobody cares about the print edition one iota. And there should be widespread panic because the Websites make no money. Inept salespeople; business owners seeing no reason to advertise on a newspaper Website. Tell me I'm wrong.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I understand that people who work at his papers feel burned because Buffett is not like your favorite uncle but instead a ruthless and brilliant businessman.

But another piece of Buffett business wisdom: Bad economics defeat good management. The economics of publishing have changed. That is why Buffett, who was a big investor in the Washington Post and has owned Buffalo for decades, is not buying more newspapers. At the prices newspapers sell for these days Buffett could buy the entire industry if he wanted.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

4. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted