1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beyonce lip-synched the anthem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I didn't have a problem with it. Like I said, Whitney did the same thing at the Super Bowl.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

imagine if it were George Bush inaugural then it would be a story.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lip-synchers are phonies. No ifs, ands or buts.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Does a singer become a lip-syncher through one justifiable performance? Beyonce has sung on enough public stages that it's not as though we have any doubts left about her vocal ability.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Then she should actually sing and not lip-synch.

6. poindexter

How on earth do I know when she synchs, or when she's really singing?

Hell, I spent the whole holidays mourning Manti Teo's dead girlfriend.

7. Whitney Houston, the benchmark of national anthem singers, lip-syched her most notable performance. Faith Hill, who admittedly isn't as strong a singer as Houston, did as well. Jennifer Hudson, did the same and she could go down as the strongest singer in this group. None of them can even remotely be considered phonies.

8. although, if this guy had lip-synched, maybe we would view him differently.
    [​IMG]

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Lip-synching is phony.

10. poindexter

I never got a boner over that Whitney Houston performance, once I find out it was faked.

Houston - fake
    Hill - fake
    Hudson - fake
    Beyonce - fake

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Naw. I loved the way Derrick Coleman was rolling. Michael Jackson tried to look all serious keeping his head down. Uhh Ohhh!!!! Classic.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Lip synching is perpetrating a fraud on the audience. It's just completely disingenuous. If you're going to do it, then be man or woman enough to admit you're doing it ahead of time. Kind of like when a sporting event says 'recorded earlier' when it's not aired live. Let's have the same thing along the lines of 'song recorded earlier'.

Otherwise, you're essentially selling a fake--that you are singing it live when you're really not.

And if you're aren't going to try and wing it live, I really don't need to see you pantomime it. Hell, for the national anthem--play the recorded performance and show me visuals of real American troops around the world instead. I don't need to see some poseur moving their mouth and shaking their ass.

Quite disheartening. The next thing you'll tell me is that Up With People was lip synched.

Draft saved Draft deleted