1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware, Trentonian offering jobs that don't exist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Interim Bedwetter, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people were hopeful when Jelenic was fighting cancer a year ago. Does anyone know what happened with that? Did he beat it?

By the way, I thought the fact that the Rhode Island papers sold for something like $7 million was pretty telling about how poorly then run things. That's next to nothing, as newspapers go.

2. XJRC

XJRC New Member

A response from JRC:
    From Matt DiRienzo

The entire premise of this thread is so warped and untrue that it's kind of silly to even think about responding. And if people believe so strongly they could do a better job running a newspaper, why don't they go out and start one instead of obsessing about a former or current employer?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hi, Matt!

4. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Good boy. Here's a Milk-Bone for you. ;)

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Matt's what, 27 years old? 28?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dearest matt,

just because somebody gave you money doesn't make you any less of an ignorant fucking piece of shit, whose idea of newspapering is the nickel. btw - how's stock prices these days?

rot in hell,

tom petty

7. Mr. DiRienzo:

Unless you have received a promotion recently, I don't see how this thread concerns you. Your title involves being in command of JRC's weekly publications, does it not? The Trentonian is a poor publication, but I believe it is a daily not weekly. The only contribution you ever made to The Trentonian was a sports comic strip that I'm pretty sure isn't still even carried in the paper.

My advice to you is to leave JRC and join the rest of us in the real world. Either way, you will likely soon be a former JRC employee too since your boss doesn't respect brownnosers like you any more than he respects the rest of his unfortunate employees.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I thought DiRienzo worked in Connecticut, anyway. Why does he care about The Trentonian?

9. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

DeRienzo (note the correct spelling) is currently the acting editor at the Trentonian. He's also doing all of the hiring. And he's been in charge of small dailies (which is about all of the JRC papers), as well as the weeklies, for some time.

XJRC is obviously not DeRienzo ... or IS and just spelled his own name wrong.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

lic - i think xj was passing along an internal note from defazzio ... or he was being a funny guy. either way, if degrazzi actually is reading this thread about his piece of shit paper, i thought i might pass along a few pleasantries.

better to have loved and ... i guess that doesn't work in this situation.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If they're sending out an internal memo about a thread on sportsjournalists.com, they're not spending time on the important stuff.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude - freakin' amanda nelson figured out people were talking shit about her on this board and obviously came to read the thread. is it really that big of a stretch?

although we were off base on nelson's mag, we know for a fact jrc licks balls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.