1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware, Trentonian offering jobs that don't exist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Interim Bedwetter, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never suggested posts on this thread would hurt JRC, any more than your pro-AB or pro-JRC posts will help JRC. You cats take it too seriously. Harmless online criticism doesn't hurt AB. Harmless online criticism doesn't hurt JRC. Your constant online pity parties make you look like asses. The only people who take your leave-AB-alone or leave-JRC-alone dances seriously are other people like you. I'm not trying to collect JRC gold stars like you guys. Feel free as a bird to mock or criticize me. No hard feelings on this end. It's just harmless online postings.

It will be difficult to keep this thread at the top of this new forum, but I Know you guys will keep making yay-for-AB posts or anti-ear of van Gogh posts, so that will really help keep the thread going strong. For that, I thank you.

2. I haven't heard anyone use the phrase "pity party" since I was in grade school. For that, I thank you.

3. I haven't seen such a pity party since I was in grade school. For that, I thank you, Frank, etc.

4. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Can we please let the petty, bullshit squabbling go? It's this kinda unnecessary crap that gets otherwise highly worthwhile threads locked.

... and ear, you're way off base. I know of at least TWO people who have passed on offers to work at the Trentonian in the last month or so, partially due to some of the insights this thread has provided. And if it doesn't hurt JRC, it at least helps those folks who might have been unwittingly sucked into the JRC machine.

This thread is still worthwhile, and still belongs at or near the top of the jobs board, but for the right reasons. After all, they're still looking to hire an ASE and an EE.

Carry on.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I really don't care what you all say or don't say about Bracy.

But there is no need to attempt insult by using the feminine spelling of the name.

6. I must have missed the pro-JRC posts. Other than the comic relief from Bob_Jelloneck, I don't remember anything good being said about JRC. Don't confuse my questioning your sick obsession with being pro-JRC.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What she said.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wasn't one of the early Real World people named Erin despite being a dude? I think L.A.?

9. well written, well said

i have no clue what's happening in Trenton, but Aaron is a great kid and a hard worker and wants to do the right thing. i don't know how I missed this thread the last few weeks, but remember that 99 percent of what you read in these pages is from bitter, disgruntled, miserable employees or ex-employees and not from any objective source. Aaron can't come on here and explain what's really happening with those deadlines or his schedule or anything else.

I do know that Aaron's sports editor at the Courier-Post, Phil Anastasia, was an outstanding columnist before he became SE and still I think writes once a week or so. perhaps Aaron figured he could do the same thing. should he have waited a few months to get his feet on the ground first? who knows. it's easy to take the worst of anybody's body of work and post it on a message board and make them look bad.

it's sad that people on a journalism message board would devote so much energy to providing such a one-sided, unbalanced perspective on things

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So does the JRC = WWE?

Bob Jelenic:Vince McMahon
    Lee Jelenic:Shane McMahon
    Laine Jelenic:Stephanie McMahon
    Aaaron Bracy:HHH
    All sorts of ex-JRD employees:Bret Hart

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What are you ... 10?

Thread Status: