1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware, Trentonian offering jobs that don't exist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Interim Bedwetter, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shot! Glad to see you still posting and keeping this thread alive. For that, I thank you.

You meant Mill Hill and when some other cat called you on it, you did a desperate search for Mill Hall and got lucky when it popped up on a google map.

2. boots

boots New Member

Shot knows where its at Ear. As for Aaron. My advice has been to stick with one thing. His plate is a little too crowded right now. In my opinion, he's not good enough to be the SE and a columnist. The only way that happens is if he has a good man inside to watch his back and that's not the case.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A. I don't give a shit HOW long this thread lasts. So it doesn't matter if I add, it seems you have no life outside of this little vendetta. How do you feel about newspaper design?

B. I've been in Mill Hall, asshole.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

5. I think Shotglass was only trying to lighten the mood on this thread. I might be the only person who can say I've been to Mill Hill and Chambersburg in New Jersey and Mill Hall and Chambersburg in Pennsylvania. But, anyway . . .

Another weak effort by ol' Ball Washer Bracy, Aspiring Sports Columnist. "The Call" would simply be a cliche if it were used in a column about almost anyone else, but you'd think he'd know that "the call" means something else to a person of faith.

The appealing thing about minor-league baseball is that the players usually have interesting stories to tell, and this one wasn't that interesting. But, hey, he wrote a column, and that's better than nothing, I guess. I still don't think he'll make it through the summer.

6. boots

boots New Member

I hope he does Irv. I'd like to see what he does during football seson. Give the kid a chance and get off his back. He's going to fuck up but at least give him a chance. I'm sure someone gave you an opportunity, now it's Aaron's turn at bat.

7. He's 30-35 year old. The cat is not a kid. Too bad if he is inexperienced. If he was that inexperienced he should not have been hired or should not have taken the job. JRC cats obviously thought he was old enough and experienced enough to qualify for the job. His age or experience doesn't matter any more. He is the SE and a JRC manager, and is open to criticism. No one here is throwing rocks at his house or marching with picket signs calling for his removal. Still waiting for any kind of positive news from his term as SE. Boots, my top cat, your give-him-a-chance dance shoes are getting worn out.

Great catch Meat! AB spelled his own name wrong on today's online article.

Shot! Got lots of love for Shot! Shot, I have made 45 total posts, 2 per day. You have made over 19,000, averaging 12.5 per day. I'm the cat with no life outside of this? Wait, shouldn't you be crying to give me a chance? Poor ear of van Gogh, he's only been on this site three weeks and hasn't been given a chance to become a good poster. Stop picking on EOVG. Give the cat a chance. ... AB doesn't need folks begging other people to give him a chance.

8. I don't think shot has ever had a post in which he used the word "cat" five times.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So do we blame Aaron for that or blame the desk for not catching it? :)

10. If it's like our shop, crap doesn't get a read before it goes online. Just get it on the Web site, we don't care if it's good.

11. boots

boots New Member

There's no excuse for misspelling your own damn name. None whatsoever.

12. You gotta blame both. How credible is a cat who can't spell his own name right? If what has been posted here previously is accurate, don't three different editors need to proof everything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.