1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware, Trentonian offering jobs that don't exist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Interim Bedwetter, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Boots! Boots, buddy! You really think that's Jelenic's kid? Hello? Hello?

One thing about Jelenic, he doesn't care enough to try that "family" BS. There is no pretense of that kind of thing.

2. boots

boots New Member

Of course not Frank but you never know around here.

3. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

You can't handle the truth.

[​IMG]

4. One person recently applying for one of the available jobs at The Trentonian was told a starting salary. After that person agreed to take the job The Trentonian told the person that they would instead start at a lower salary and would later get an increase to the promised amount if everything worked out. This person was able to decline the new terms and the job itself. Not every person would be able to make this decline, if they had already given notice to their previous employer-----and that is what The Trentonian knows.

Also The Trentonian's available jobs all come with salaries that are lower than what the person who last held those titles started at.

Anyone hear anything about JRC considering to consolidate and/or combine some of the Philly Cluster papers?

5. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

It's all effin TRUE! Someone who works for JRC, in the Philly cluster, recently turned down a "promotion" to the Trentonian cause there are no editors there. The person really was looking forward to the "opportunity," too.

As far as combining any Philly papers, I'm not sure that's feasible. Shutting one down, maybe. But their smallest Philly-area daily is running as close to full staff as it has in some time. No one's sure how or why that paper's still around, except it's been around since the 1800s, and shares office space with a JRC twice-weekly that's apparently a cash cow.

6. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Somebody at one of my happy publications TURNED DOWN an internal "promotion" :eek: ?? I'll have to send my Director of Corporate Discipline and Employee Morale to explain personally to him the consequences of turning down such an offer. ;)

[​IMG]

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

I find that last post very offensive.

Don Corleione is a man of honor and has a code of ethics which are far superior to JRC

8. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Shame he didn't pass on that DNA..

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Jeez, it sounds like this Jelenic character needs to get the horse-head treatment soon.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

No, he got the other end.

11. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Barbaro ... Barbaro.

[​IMG]

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Did Jelenic administer the lethal shot? And did he have an impish grin on his face, too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.