1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware, Trentonian offering jobs that don't exist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Interim Bedwetter, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Call200

Call200 New Member

Their "raise" policy for their overworked employees is atrocious. That however is just a small portion of the disgrace that company to its non-corporate employees. Someone should really investigate JRC's way of doing business.
    I couldn't be happier to be out of JRC hell.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yup, you're right on, e4.

it's a contract. contrary to what most people believe, contracts don't have to be written. and if there was reliance to the detriment of one of the parties, it has to be honored. this is basic first-semester contract law.

that's the law. the reality is that the person is basically fucked.

a court probably woudn't order specific performance (they can't realistically compel the company to hire the guy; if it doesn't have the money, it doesn't have money) but might award damages. and the other reality is that this will take a long time to work its way through the court system. so if your lawyer can't get a quick settlement, you'd better get on your knees and beg for your old job back.

3. Lee son of Bob

Lee son of Bob New Member

I can't take it any more!!! I have sat on the bench while all of you other skaters took the ice and checked my sweet, special daddy, Robert M., from behind. You've high sticked him and tripped him and smashed his lovely little face into the glass.

Now I am taking off the gloves and jumping onto the ice to protect my daddy.

Daddy is a great daddy. If you got yourself fired or suspended you must have deserved it. My daddy would never ever ever do mean things like that unless you deserved it. None of you can honestly tell a story about one of my daddy's employees being treated unfairly. My daddy only does things that make sense and are good for the world's people. I promise, for every one of your stories that happens to be based in some truth, I am sure my daddy will tell me a believable and very fair reason as to why it had to happen.

Look at my daddy. LOOK AT HIM!

[​IMG]

This is a decent human being and he has human feelings and emotions. All of your lies about him hurt him, deeply, and I will not stand for it any more. I have come off the bench, after a career of suffering rump rash from sitting here while other better players took to the ice, to protect my daddy. So please do not say anything bad or false about my daddy again.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That's the worse Lee Jelenic impersonation I've seen. It's also a pretty bad imitation of Laine - Lee's kid sister - as well.

5. Sinking Ship

Sinking Ship Member

Maybe Daddy dearest will end up here:

[​IMG]

6. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don't some places start newbies on a 90-day probationary period, during during which they can be kicked to the curb like an old chicken bone?

8. A lot of places do that. And at some it's six months.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just want to say I would quit my job and move across the country to work for the Walla Walla Wallawallian, just for the business cards.

10. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/Term/321F71C9-D7DF-4360-970E4C86EE934A5A/alpha/A/

;) ;D ;)

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Newhouse is a good chain that treats its people well. (Yes, Michael, there are still some out there.)

12. I have received more new information about The Trentonian's current treatment of employees. At least two employees had been promoted to higher level positions with the promise of significant pay raises to compensate for their higher level of responsibilities. Now the newspaper's management is claiming that those promotions were never "approved" and that those employees will not be getting those previously promised raises. Those employees however still are being forced to do the higher level jobs; they just aren't receiving the pay or the formal titles for those jobs.

"Lee, son of Bob", your post was amusing and did give a laugh. This topic however was started so that serious journalists would be given some helpful information on what a bad place of employment The Trentonian is. The hope was to prevent anyone from making the mistake of ever agreeing to work at The Trentonian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.