1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beware AP Braves-Marlins optional and write-thru

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by John, Apr 15, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

There are several mistakes, so you might want to wait for another version to come through.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Such as?

3. This is helpful.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes. If you post the errors, John, odds are someone from the AP will see them here and make the necessary corrections.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

First:

"this was more like football weather than baseball weather,'' said Florida manager Fredi Gonzalez. ``It was a tough day to play.''

Later:

``That's the kind of pitcher he is,'' said Florida's first-year manager Fredi Gonzalez, who was a Braves coach the previous four seasons.

6. yeah, I caught that. You said several mistakes?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, I saw those. Any others? I usually don't have time for more than a cursory glance of AP stories.

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I noticed similar mistakes in AP's story on the Chicago selection for the Olympic bid Saturday.

Also, AP is getting sloppy with the baseball standings. They're leaving in the times on rained-out games from the night before. For example, in tonight's National League glance, under Saturday's games it said, "San Francisco at Pittsburgh, 7:05 p.m." That's happened a few times this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted