1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beverly Hills Cop 4?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 30, 2006.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It's a good thing humor's not subjective or anything.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This doesn't make Eddie Murphy unique.

I mean, take a look at the list of film credits of guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp?), Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson and Sly Stallone and I'm sure you'll find almost as many, if not more, shit balls like "stop or my mom will shoot" "Jingle all the way" or "Bronco Billy" as you will find classics in those lists.

And my God, the next time Ashton Kutcher stars in a movie that even rises to the level of watchable (I don't count cheaper by the dozen because he wasn't asked to carry the movie) will be the first time, yet he keeps getting asked to make movies and keeps agreeing to it while laughing all the way to the bank......

3. zagoshe

And Life, which I believe came out in 1999, was funny as shit -- though that had as much to do with Martin Lawrence and Bernie Mac as Eddie Murphy, but still, the point remains it has been less than ten years ago that he made a genuinely funny movie for adults.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The director's cut of the Butterfly effect was a damn good movie.

5. zagoshe

And that is the one time that Kutcher was not asked to try and be funny, charming, outrageous, over-the-top and he was also not asked to save the horrible plot with silly antics and blurting out loud stupid lines

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you on Coming to America, but Harlem Nights was damn disappointing for a movie with Murphy, Richard Pryor and Redd Foxx.

Draft saved Draft deleted