1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better than the old man

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jun 23, 2007.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but Richard Petty's dad won the Daytona 500 once, so I guess Richard Petty would count.

2. Do I get points for having been in the same room as Jakob Dylan and Sean Lennon? I was talking to Eddie Vedder at the time.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not George W. Bush, and not George H.W. Bush for that matter. Ol' Prescott got away with doing business with the Nazis, for crying out loud.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I know there was no mention of midichlorians in the original triology. So I was wondering if they were tested in any of the books. Then again, after Obi-Wan and Yoda died, did anyone else know what midichlorians were?

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Good question E Street. I never read any of the books, but Phantom Menace was the first tie I'd heard them mentioned. Maybe they died with the olf-school Jedi.

And it is a given Jakob Dylan aint better than old Bobby Zimmerman, Julian Lennon is a hell of a lot better than Sean Lennon. His first album was good. Sean Lennon has too much of his mother's non-talent to be any good.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Whacky threadjack here. No idea if they were tested in the books. I've read maybe 10 of them...but there are a LOT more than that. Just to take a guess...Anakin was a "virgin birth" ... the prevailing theories were that either the midichlorians impregnated his mother somehow or Palpatine made it happen. That's why he was the chosen one....which would make Luke and Leah more watered-down versions, at least in terms of power.

Yes....I'm sick in the head...I admit it...

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey ... isn't there an all-purpose running geek thread? :D

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey, people keep asking questions....but yes there is....any further midichlorian debates should go on the running geek thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted