1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better racism, less pizza, Papa Johns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No, Ball State. He did grew up in Jeffersonville, Ind., which is right across the Ohio River from Louisville.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fuck that.

Eat steak for that money.

People have no money for taxes or the poor but can spend 17 on a personal pizza? I hope you live in the middle of a major metro.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People have no money for taxes or the poor but can spend 17 on a personal pizza? I hope you live in the middle of a major metro.

I'd actually want to hear more about the $17 personal pan pizza.

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I went to Friday's in Times Square once. It was the only place we could get in. Which I imagine is why people eat at those places. Everything there cost three times as much as it does at our local branch. New York is awesome for many reasons. Its prices are not one. And, yes, it sucked having to go to Friday's there. Paying out the ass for airport food is not fun.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1. No one likes to pay taxes no matter how much or how little he/she makes.
    B. I'm not eating a $17 steak. If I want to eat steak inexpensively, I'll make it at home, but I'm not trusting a restaurant steak at $17.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have no problem paying $17 for a pizza ... but it had better be a full meal. Which I don't consider a personal pan pizza to be.

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

A common refrain here in KC when people decide to have BBQ at Dickey’s or Bandana’s or some other sacrilege.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You get what I’m saying though. You’re a sucker if you are spending 17 on a pizza that cost $2 to make.

$10 for a 12 inch. Sure. I’d even go to 12.

$17?

Sheeeeeeet

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You mean Little Caesars.

wicked likes this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What is a berg?

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If you can walk a few blocks, not even a quarter mile, you'd be able to get into many other places.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a local pizza place a few blocks from my house. Family run, small, and the quality is quite good. I can get a large Margarita pizza, all fresh, with Italian sausage added, for $20. $17 for personal pan? Bah.

Draft saved Draft deleted