1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Off Ted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by This is my username, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bringing this one back up (and I think that there was a more recent thread that I couldn't find). Per the internets, the show is officially cancelled.

I know that the ratings were awful, but for me, this show was every bit as good as Community, Modern Family or 30 Rock (currently my three favorite sitcoms). Not the first show to be criminally mismanaged, but you would think that there was a place for a witty sitcom with a great cast. It will never happen, but Portia de Rossi really should deserve Emmy consideration for her work.

2. It wasn't bad, but check the google for the racial sensitivity episode from Rescue me a few years back.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This show has two of the biggest sitcom killers ever. Andrea Anders, who was on Joey and The Class and this one and Jonathan Slavin, who has been on about five sitcoms that have all failed, one of which was the criminally underrated "Andy Richter Controls the Universe"

For the record, I like both actors. I think Anders is trying to break her streak on the new Matthew Perry show.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So you're saying Andrea Anders is the new Paula Marshall?

BTW, I heart Paula Marshall, who I think is now on a middling, but not soon to be canceled CBS sitcom.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hilarious, creative show. Didn't follow any previously done sitcom pattern.

It deserved a much better fate.

6. Mizzougrad96

I heart Paula Marshall as well, especially when she was on Californication.

She's on Gary Unmarried, which only got a half-season for Season 2, so I'd say it doesn't look too good....

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I know that show as the one I call "the show that had a full frontal nudity scene of Paula Marshall."
    I think I've loved her since she was on Cupid with a very young Jeremy Piven

8. Mizzougrad96

She was on one show Hidden Hills that I liked, but no one else did since it didn't last the season. I like almost everything she does. Gary Unmarried is a mostly mediocre show that is made watchable because of her and Mohr.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Matthew Perry/Andrea Anders show.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I like Jay Mohr. I like Paula Marshall. Gary Unmarried is still unwatchable.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The last two first run episodes were supposed to be on ABC on Thursday night, unless the NBA Finals went seven games (which has happened once in the past 16 years). Thanks, Kobe. It is now unclear if these episodes will see the light of day.

Draft saved Draft deleted