1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Off Ted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by This is my username, Apr 16, 2009.

1. This show has absolutely charmed the pants off me. Every character is interesting without being "The Fonz" the little commercial bumpers may be the best thing on TV and it's just absurdest enough to be fun without resorting to the Family Guy/Scrubs "stare at the camera cut away" dream sequence (at least not often enough to notice or remember).

Anyone else watching?

If you're curious, ABC has the first few episodes up, of which "Racial Sensitivity" is probably the best. Handles the black/white comedy thing in a neat way without resorting to "black people are so ... white people are so ..." stuff.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I enjoy it. I really like Jay Harrington; he's quite a charming guy.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Several of the cast members were in Andy Richter Controls the Universe, which was incredibly underrated during the season plus it was on Fox.

It's similar to that show, but not as funny.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I like the show. A few too many scenes with tons of extra saying nothing.

The Racial Sensitivity episode was very, very good.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm digging it. Really only gave it a chance because it's on before Lost, but it hooked me. Portia De Rossi is great.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Wanna bet?

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I really, really like this show. I LOL'd many times (rare for me) during last night's episode. I like all the players on the show.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm with Webster -- saw the Racial Sensitivity episode and thought it was outstanding. Laugh-out-loud funny throughout the show. It's hard to carry the same joke throughout a show and keep it funny, but they can do that. Really like it and hope it gets renewed ....

9. Webster

In terms of comedies (non-cartoon), on my list it makes the tier just below Office, 30 Rock and HIMYM. I'd place it with Scrubs, My Boys (don't kill me, I'm not in the industry) and Earl.

10. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I'm definitely enjoying everything about this show.

The crazy corporation and the faux commercials remind me a lot of "Working" the Fred Savage show from the late '90s.

Portia de Rossi is great, Jay Harrington is perfect for the role, and I love the two scientists.

11. Webster

Per Ausiello, the show gets a second season.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Ain't looking good for a third.

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2010/02/ted-may-soon-be-better-off.html

Draft saved Draft deleted