1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printit, Oct 17, 2013.

1. printit

printit Member

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/89908/things-we-now-know-about-the-breaking-bad-spin-off-thanks-to-vince-Gilligan

I know Vince Gilligan is just spit-balling here, and keeping interest up, but I think a Walter White cameo here would be awful. It was pretty well established on Breaking Bad that Walt and Saul had no history together. Even having them in the same room prior to their meeting on the show just screws that up. A Jesse cameo makes a little more sense, but would be logistically hard, since Jesse would be around 18 at the time this show takes place in, and Aaron Paul is obviously a lot older than that.

The cameo that makes the most sense is Mike. He worked for Saul and I thought it was clear from the show that those two characters had a good working relationship up until the end of Season 3.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Word blew up around my lot today that Saul's going to be filmed here in ABQ, which surprised me because I thought the story was supposed to be Saul, the Early Years.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Somebody on some site suggested that a Cranston cameo could be something like a client of Saul's going to a parent-teacher conference and Walt being at the school. I'd guess they are smart enough not to get ridiculous with it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Since the series is a prequel, you could also set it up as a flashback. The first scene is Saul mopping up a mess at the Cinnabon in Omaha, saying, "It didn't always used to be like this ..." and then you splice in a few Walter White moments -- rehashed or original -- to set up the premise.
    Someone on the Breaking Bad thread suggested the last shot of the Saul series is Walter walking into Saul's office. I kind of like that idea.

5. printit

printit Member

Why mess with perfection? Why give people one more glimpse into the life of Walter White?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think it would be awesome if Breaking Bad characters we know show up occasionally, but in very small or subtle ways. Somebody passes Walt in a hallway and he doesn't even have a line, Skylar crosses the street in front of somebody waiting at a light, Jane bums a cigarette and walks away.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why stop there? Why not Breaking Bad Babies? Along the lines of Muppet Babies?

Baby Heisenberg creates the most addictive baby formula ever!

Baby Jesse: Fuck my mom's breast, this Baby Blue is the bomb yo. I need another bump, bitch!

Anyway, I don't have high hopes for Better Call Saul.

8. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I know it can't be nearly as good as its predecessor, spinoffs never are. But, I'll watch pretty much anything with Bob Odenkirk in it

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I just watched the episode of the League featuring him as a mall manager. He and Nick Kroll played off each other beautifully.

Draft saved Draft deleted