1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twirling Time, Feb 9, 2015.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Exactly. To me, the Saul character was one of the weak links of Breaking Bad -- almost a cliche.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK I could get in trouble for posting this, but what the hell.

As some around here know, I work on the lot where BB and now BCS are filmed. The guy you are mentioning is a well-known Teamster on the lot, who drives one of the grip trucks (he's working on Night Shift now) and he can't be missed in person. He's huge, and has the killer beard!

spikechiquet likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Judging by how Chuck's doing, Jimmy is doing VERY well. And we get the promise of more Mike next week. Without Mike, this is just another legal drama.

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

You can smell that Howard is going to steal the case from Jimmy for HHM, and leave him out in the cold.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Probably since he used Chuck's copy code for the case files, HHM will win on a technicality.

6. old_tony

This show is getting to be like that one episode of Seinfeld that started at the end and ended at the beginning. Just once I'd love to see two episodes in a row from the same fucking time period.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I like the show.

You can see how hard Jimmy is trying to be legit, but everything goes against him.

How long will he keep trying before he finally turns to the dark side and becomes Saul?

Watching the transition has been fun. You can see how smart he is, picking up on the nursing home scam that is in progress, but you know that he is eventually going to be screwed out of most (or all) of a big settlement.

It won't be long before. . . It's all good man.

8. old_tony

I just wish they'd establish some kind of time line. As far as I can tell, last night's episode is the earliest time frame of them all. Basically that should have been the irst episode of the season. Instead, were jumping all over the place.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Dude - relax.
    It wasn't the first episode. Jimmy's brother is feeling better and better (until the last scene) with the electricity. More improvement from last week, which was an improvement over prior weeks.

The blond woman got her office back, and re-started the Kettleman case, which Jimmy gave her the previous week.

It is following chronologically.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The start of the show was a flashback...but it went back to the main timeline after the intro credit screen.
    It was just establishing how Jimmy was working in the mailroom and was bilked by Howard when he asked to be hired as a lawyer after passing the bar.
    The rest of the show continued the main storyline.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Tony, you're not picking up on the opening being a standalone scene that fills in some gaps. It's a trick Breaking Bad used a lot, and used well. Anything after the opening is, typically, present day for the show. The exception was Mike's episode, which mixed in a lot more flashbacks than usual.

12. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

what's interesting to me is how they are bending over backward to make jimmy likable, and this week's episode went further then ever. we learn that he went through law school and passed the bar while working at a humble mail room job, and the evil partner didn't want to hire him. now he's going to take down a chain of evil nursing homes, and get screwed at the same time. gilligan is just begging us to say, aw, poor jimmy.

Draft saved Draft deleted