1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sadly, she'll likely be ghost next week. She looks fantastic but is pushing 50, which is tough for female actresses, like it or not. So this may be her last hurrah.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i dont think they can do an entire season without her. It would be a massive mistake.

i think nacho is the one who is toast. Her point about not trusting his men landed with lalo big time. She gets drawn into that world by being right, all playing out next year, and she either gets whacked then or perhaps is dragged to Mexico during the events of BB

clintrichardson likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I will bet a thousand internet dollars she isn't getting whacked next week.

Can someone explain something to me? Fring competes with the Salamancha group for drug sales. The both report to the head guy in Mexico.

Then who is the German guy that Fring also reports to? Who is he?

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

the head of Madrigal Industries, the corporate front of Polios Hermanos. Lydia’s boss.

5. RARist

RARist Member

I can't see Kim being killed -- doesn't make sense for Jimmy's demeanor at the beginning of Breaking Bad. If anything happens to Kim it would destroy him.
    I think she leaves - and Jimmy can't because he's now a friend of the cartel. Like Nacho, Fring won't let him go.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

JimmyHoward explained it, but there's obviously more to their backstory that hasn't yet been explained. He and Gus apparently know each other from some dark days in Chile, and now it seems that Herr Schuler and Gus have cut a side deal to open up a European meth market.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think there's a chance Lalo and Nacho both die. Maybe they kill each other. It'd explain why neither one is around for BB as well, and why Saul still thinks they're around somewhere. Could be they both die, and the last he heard they'd gone down to Mexico together.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. poindexter

Lalo is the best character BCS has introduced.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's actually a likable guy at the right moments. I suppose that goes straight to the menacing part. You never know.

10. poindexter

That's why he's the best.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I wonder if Kim gets a full heel turn and is basically a high end Saul Goodman. Would not have been a reason to introduce a Saul spouse in BB.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Damn. I don't know what was more chilling: Kim walking away from the camera or Lalo walking toward it.
    Hate that we have to wait a year and a half for this to pick up again.

Draft saved Draft deleted