1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 25, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its funny, I feel the exact opposite. I sat through what I thought was a slog for like four years, just out of loyalty to BB. I was bored by everything about the brother and the law firm. I am happy as fuck that Chuck is gone. This season has really kicked into gear.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. poindexter

I thought the same thing, but in real life, 70 year-old Mike isn't going to gun down a posse of bandits, and lead a 48 hour desert hike, either.

3. poindexter

It got a random bullet and was leaking fluid. TBH, I didn't catch it either, my wife had to tell me.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. poindexter

Mike should have told Saul to drink that half a cup of coffee that had bullet holes before they started their trek.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kim's visit to Lalo is going to bite her, I fear.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That'd be a question for a lawyer, and certainly makes common sense, but maybe they're not allowed to?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hoo boy ... that was some finish tonight. Jesus.

Batman likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Damn, next week is the season finale. Thought there were two more episodes.
    Kim has gone from zero to 100 on the danger meter in about two episodes.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There have been lots of BB callbacks the last couple of episodes. The walk through the desert, Jimmy's passing reference to being in a fugue state tonight, and then the appearance of One Who Knocks. I wonder if that was intentional, or they're falling into some tropes?

We also got a reference to Tuco tonight, mentioning he was 11 months away from getting out of prison. That puts us, what, maybe a year or 18 months at the most before the start of Breaking Bad?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Everything about that scene was amazing. Lalo's cool intimidation, Saul's fear when he realizes he probably can't talk himself out of it, Kim's natural inclination to be argumentative to get her out of a tough spot, Mike's internal should or shouldn't I dialogue that was clear as he was pointing the sniper rifle. So tense. Like others, I've been cool at times on the pacing of this show, but it's ramped up to a very, very high level in the last two weeks.

Batman likes this.
  11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

That last scene was riveting. I understand that viewers had to do some trudging to get to this point, but right now it's top-level TV and it's bugging me a little bit that everyone's talking about Joe Exotic (which I haven't seen so can't criticize) but most people are missing this.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The way it was built up online i expected more.

that said the last ten minutes was a tour de force for rhea seahorn. She deserves an emmy

Iron_chet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted