1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by justgladtobehere, Aug 7, 2018.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I agree about the detours. I had the same complaint about Breaking Bad, actually. The show was always building to Hank discovering what Walter White was doing, and when Hank was shot and spent all those episodes going through rehab, it felt like obvious padding to delay the end. I am sure this is a minority opinion, but I would have liked Breaking Bad better at four seasons.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think part of the Better Call Saul "journey" is also about Mike, how a clever former cop who used his "powers" for good ended up being a fixer for a drug kingpin. In BB, you find out he's doing it to secure a nest egg for his granddaughter, but it's not until BCS that you find out he's doing it because he feels responsible for his son's death.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've always felt like Breaking Bad didn't really begin until Hank got shot. There were a lot of slow points in those first 2 1/2 seasons. Those were much rarer after "One Minute."

4. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I also hold another minority opinion, which is that Breaking Bad's best season was 2.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That would make sense, considering they were coming off the writer's strike that shortened season 1. Same thing happened to Parks and Rec.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

There no way I’m gonna find a Breaking Bad thread so this goes here:

El Camino was pretty fucking awesome

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Posted the on the Last Movie thread. I enjoyed it too. Great gift to fans, but maybe not necessary. But it was a good watch.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

AMC is showing El Camino tonight at 8 EST, as it wraps up its multi-week Breaking Bad marathon leading into the BCS Season 5 premiere next week.
    "Granite State" is on now, and "Felina" is up next.

Draft saved Draft deleted