1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by justgladtobehere, Aug 7, 2018.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The other seasons had their own threads.

A slow episode, but it established a good deal. I thought Mike's story was a bit much. A long way to go for a punchline that you saw coming early in the scene.

Also related to Mike's story. The guy he lifted the ID badge from looked a lot like Walter White.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

When Jimmy told Howard "that's a cross you're going to have to bear" was the moment he became Saul Goodman.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

What did I do wrong? I couldn't find it on Netflix. I watched it on AMC.com ... with lengthy commercial breaks.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

First run is on AMC

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

See, the hat didnt drop for me that Mike was doing his actual consulting work until the very end.

I assumed he snuck in to scope out the place relative to his trust issues, make sure he really was a small potato that no one would notice like Lydia claimed.

Does Gus know Nacho’s part of the thing with Hectors meds? Or is the Mike the only one who knows so far?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think he was doing anything he was assigned to do, he just felt better taking Madrigal's blood money if he was doing actual security consultant work.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I think its more this: If the feds or IRS ever come calling now Barry and that supervisor will say, oh yeah that guy was here busting our chops that time.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought they tried to cover too many bases in one hour. Still, it was quite entertaining. I heart Kim Wexler.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I freaked out when it showed on my On Demand that the premiere was a 2-hour plus episode. AMC decided to tack the Lodge 49 show, or whatever it's called, onto the end. Love this show, not enough to sit down and watch two hours at a time of it ...

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thank God for my annoying friends that live-post their lives so I didn’t miss it. For some reason my DVR didn’t grab it.

I liked the extended flash forward. I figured he wasn’t getting caught, but it didn’t feel slow to me.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Love this show. Glad I went back and watched the season 3 finale last week. It’s been a long time.

I think I read a tidbit — I try not to read too much as to avoid spoilers — that this season will included more present time, as in Cinnebon Gene.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

BCS remains the longest con in TV history as yet again NOTHING of note happens. At least we were forced to watch water running down a drain for just 30 seconds or so.

BTW I’m pretty sure Mike did what he did in order to force a meeting with Lydia in order to complain about why they deducted $8,000 from his “paycheck.”

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted