1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well there goes Chuck. Enough loose ends for the next season, if they get it.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Chuck didn't tell his brother that he hated him. Chuck told his brother that he never mattered to him. That is much colder.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Gus Fring is such a complex character. Said in an earlier episode that "a bullet would be too good for" Hector Salamanca, then starts doing CPR on the guy when he keels over from a heart attack/stroke.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I got the sense he thought that would be too good for him as well. Gus wants to be the one to kill him and, as we saw much later, to have Hector look him in the eye while he does it.
    So that was a really cool character moment there. Another glimpse showing that Gus' thirst for revenge is his biggest weakness and will eventually cause his downfall.

The one thing about that that seemed out of place, though, was that Gus would stick around until the police and paramedics arrived. Seems like that could link him to a known member of a Mexican drug family, and it always felt like that was something he strived hard to avoid in public.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Jimmys U of American Samoa Law School sweatshirt was a nice touch

JakeandElwood likes this.
  6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My DVR crapped out with about 3/4 minutes to go. What happened in the last scene?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Chuck kicked his lantern off the table. Cut to a long shot of his house. Fire quickly seen burning through the windows.

And scene.

8. spikechiquet

And great tight tank top as well. She's sneaky hot.

9. spikechiquet

Ahhhh, so ties in with the intro of the show with him and Jimmy in that tent with the lantern. Nice.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She could pull off a naughty librarian better than almost anyone on TV right now.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

After binge-watching Breaking Bad (it was fantastic), I decided to dive into Better Call Saul. Binge watched that until I caught up and watch the finale last night. Wow. One question I always had about the transformation of Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman was how he would pull it off with Chuck still around, but I guess that question (maybe) was answered.

Watching Better Call Saul is a lot like watching a Tarantino flick (and not just because of the camera angles), you know how it's going to end, but putting the pieces of the puzzle together is the best part. Really anxious to see the full Saul transformation, what happens to Kim and if we'll get any more Breaking Bad character introductions.

12. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The Jimmy-Chuck dynamic had been one of the best things about the series—as topics go in pop culture, sibling rivalries are relatively underexplored. In the aftershow, they talked about how Chuck's suicide, assuming he is dead, will help push Jimmy down the road to Saul.

If this show is all about pushing Jimmy down the road to Saul, one of the more interesting bits of business left is how it all ends between Jimmy and Kim Wexler. That will have to be a breaking point for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted