1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Call Saul - Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Mike Ehrmantraut storyline continues to be miles better than anything Jimmy and his brother are doing. There was also another glimpse into Saul's future, post Breaking Bad, at the Cinnabon.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Nice subtle touch: Cinnabon Gene uses a KC Royals lunch box. Kim is a Royals fan.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I noticed that. Made me wonder if she was still in his life somehow once all of the dust settled.

4. Jake_Taylor

Hmm, maybe. I was thinking more like just a little thing to remind himself of her.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At some point Gus Fring will enter the picture, closing one BB loop.

I'm guessing Chuck will use the tape to dupe Jimmy into confessing for real, not sending him to jail but getting him disbarred — and forcing him to change to Saul.

I was afraid the cops would collar "Gene" as a witness, thereby blowing his cover.

Finally, didn't the Air Force captain break some sort of base protocol by confronting Jimmy in his office? Seemed like the captain overstepped his authority a bit. That's what the JAG office is for, also the SPs on base would coordinate with the local PD.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Small complaint, I guess, but the red herring of Jimmy in the orange jumpsuit in all these commercials makes me mad. Obvious supposition was Chuck turned him in, but immediately when they included Fifi in the pre-credits recap I knew he'd end up arrested over that instead.

I don't think Chuck's plan involves the bar, but maybe getting Jimmy arrested for B&E trying to snatch the tape after Ernie tells him about it. They made a big thing about Jimmy not having a key anymore at the end of season 2.

And now I've concocted another reason Jimmy could be in orange so I guess my original complaint is a little moot. Damn you Gilligan.

7. Jake_Taylor

If Jimmy had to become Saul because he was disbarred, wouldn't he at least need to leave Albuquerque for it to work?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think Chuck will also make sure the tape gets to Mesa Verde, forcing them to drop Kim as their attorney. That's how he gets back at Jimmy.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't understand the point of her going back over the wording - and ultimately making no changes.

10. Jake_Taylor

She's overdoing it because she feels guilty about how she got the account.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Wondering in general about this show, as far as having to write it not only to what we know is the known conclusion but also to the point where Saul hooks up with Walter White, Jesse, Gus, etc. How many TV series have had to serve this master? Any? I suppose you could say they knew, back in the day, how things would end up for Davy Crockett but that didn't stop Fess Parker from starring in the series built around him in the '50s.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Gotham.

Young Indiana Jones.

Smallville.

Draft saved Draft deleted