1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Business Bureau rocks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

I've used the BBB when an airline was jerking me around and it worked great. They went from very unresponsive and happy to rip me off for about six weeks to taking care of things right away.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

If you operate an online business, Saturday and Sunday ARE business days. Might not be for your brick-and-mortar store, but online? Yes, indeed.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have never ordered anything online (and I order a lot online) in which things were dealt with on weekends. Generally their customer-service info will list hours that will say like "Mon-Fri 9-5 ET."

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Angola! may have been a dick for responding the way he did, but Lisa broke every rule in the customer service book. Even if a customer deserves to be dropped in a vat of acid, you don't respond rudely. Unless the customer is abusive, then you shouldn't have to put up with that shit.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Two things:

His dick move was not his return e-mail. It was saying "If you don't do this, I will contact the BBB" then giving maybe 4 hours between saying that and calling the BBB. AFTER he had been told the refund was being processed. Dick. Move. Hardcore.

Secondly: I'd love to see your same response the next time someone here talks about an abusive phone call from a reader. THEN let's see you pull the 'You must always respect the customer' line.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Two things:

1) I didn't see that part of it. In that case, I agree with you.

2) I drew the line at abusive behavior by a customer. If someone calls in and is abusive, they don't have any right to expect anything more than STFU.

I've worked several customer service positions, both part-time and full-time. I've fielded way more than my fair share of abusive callers.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

This is good to know.

I am in the process of trying to get a refund from an exhibition that I attended a few weeks ago. They swiped my card, said it was denied, but then charged me anyways. Then they made me jump through hoops to try to get my money back, and then finally the manager refuses to offer a refund and says I have to go through my bank.

I will absolutely contact BBB if this is not resolved.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A few things:
    1. I have not really visited the site today because I was terrified that I had posted this, but the responses weren't that bad.

2. IJAG - the reason I decided to contact the BBB anyway, despite their assurances they were going to refund me, was because they shouldn't be allowed to dick customers around. I was told on the phone that it would take 5 to 20 business days for my money to be refunded then suddenly in the owner's email, it will only take 2-4 days. So which is it? Is the reason I am getting my money back quicker because I contacted the BBB?

I just think it is bullshit when people think they are going to get away with shit like the consumer doesn't have any retribution, so I decided to file a complaint knowing that the complaint will be lodged with this company if anyone, for some unknown reason checks out flirtylingerie.com at the BBB.

Also, the owner emailed me back this morning saying she appreciated my prompt response and didn't say anything about the sarcasm.

I didn't realize until today that she emailed me at 11:25 p.m. with her snarky email. I'm thinking she was drunk and possibly high from the edible thongs and got angry and emailed me.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But you didn't KNOW it would be 2-4 days when you contacted the BBB. They gave you a time frame, you agreed to it, obviously, since you got off the phone with them...and then you called anyway.

I lost a shitton of respect for you with this thread. Seriously.

10. The owner doesn't appear to be very intelligent. How many times down she think she needs to mention BUSINESS DAYS?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ridiculous notion for said company.

Even brick-and-mortars are open long hours on Sat. and shortened hours on Sunday.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I was going to say TTIUWP but there's a lot of anger in this thread. So I won't.

Draft saved Draft deleted