1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better Business Bureau rocks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I ordered some lingerie for my girlfriend from a company (flirtylingerie.com) and they failed to follow through on multiple promises stated in their customer service guide.
    So, I emailed them complaining about how I was charged the full amount 10 days before they bothered to contact me. They sent me one item and then claimed in an email they had sent me everything I ordered, which was a lie.
    So, I emailed them again saying I wanted a refund and that I would not only never shop with them again, but if they did not refund me I would contact the Better Business Bureau.
    Never having used the BBB I didn't know if that threat would carry any weight.
    Well, apparently it did.
    I got an email from the owner of the site who is not happy.
    Here is the email (different colors and bolding are true to the email):

Please read this very carefully:

We respond to emails within 24 to 48 hours as we are closed on weekends. We begin answering emails on Monday where we left off on Friday. We are within our time frame to respond to the email below you sent on Monday, addressed to Tere. We already refunded you today when you called and spoke to one of my staff members. From what I was told, the conversation went well. You were responded to courteously and given an honest reply as you told her. You were told we would process your refund. I took care of it when she got off the phone with you. I was just in the process of emailing you tonight that it was taken care of when I saw that a complaint came from the BBB at 6:40pm and what do I find? It is from you!!

I’m sure you know (since you already contacted the BBB, and I’m sure not above filing disputes with your card company) that refunds are not instant. It takes 2-4 business days to post back to a card depending on the credit card company. I didn’t even have a chance to contact you yet. But you wasted no time in contacting them.

I now have to take the time to respond to your complaint to the BBB. I will be sure and forward the email below where you said you would contact the BBB if you did not receive credit. You did receive it but you contacted the BBB anyway. We were within our time frame of answering your email below. I have other things to do during the day, running a website, directing staff, running a retail store and so much more. I email customers once we close, later on into the evening when I have time. You wasted no time in contacting the BBB. “Suffice it to say, I will not be doing business with your company in the future and if I do not receive the credit I will contact the Better Business Bureau.” What were you thinking?

We had the items when your order came into our store, that is why your orders were charged and processed. We do not process an order the day we receive it. We process and mail within 5-7 BUSINESS days. Because there are other orders ahead of yours and we do not keep unlimited stock on hand, (no retailer does) we ran out and had or order more. Had you read your confirmation it says that back orders can take 1-4 weeks to arrive to you from when you receive your initial order.

In your complaint you gave the wrong time frame which I will correct. We process and mail orders within 5-7 business days if in stock. Not days, business days.

Your order came into our store on a Saturday. We are closed on weekends. We processed your order on the 8th. It was shipped on the 16th (the 6th BUSINESS DAY) and delivered the 19th. In fact, we shipped 2 orders to you on the 16th and they were both delivered the 19th. You received 2 different shipping confirmations

the day they left our office.

Now what? This stays on our record for 3 years. Your refund was taken care of immediately after you called today.

Lisa

Owner

I did call the company today and ask for a refund. The lady on the phone was very nice, though she told me it would take 5 to 20 business days to refund my money - though the owner claims in this email that it will only take 2-4 days.

Here was my reply (And yes, I understand I am a dick, but that is who I am):

Lisa - Thank you for calling my reading comprehension skills into question. I could never have understood your e-mail if you had not used multi-color text.

I appreciate your quick response in refunding me.

Thanks again.

So, all I have to say is this: Don't use this company and if you ever have a problem with a company, you shouldn't have any qualms using the BBB to get some payback.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So...did you waste time contacting the BBB?

:D

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Did you already eat the candy thong, or is it still available as evidence for the hearing?

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

One of the many reason I love SportsJournalists.com

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, yours was kind of a dick move. Just saying.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

That was funny.

7. I've often thought of using the BBB threat as a last restort. I moved recently and my gym (after multiple calls) told me my accuont was canceled and I shouldn't get automatically debited anymore.

The gym employee sounded really sketchy ("Oh yeah! Here's your official cancellation notice")and I wouldn't be surprised if they were lying just to get me off the phone.

Now I know the BBB is the way to go if it gets to that.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hmm, looks like you went ahead and took it up with Consumer Affairs. ...

Kramer would be proud.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would not want Lisa, Owner of flirtylingirie.com, mad at me.

Just sayin'.

One day some anorexic model is gonna put her six-inch spiked heel through your chest.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Have you ever seen Punch Drunk Love? That's the the kind of trouble I'm seeing for Angola now.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This woman acts as if she should be able to blow off complaints on the weekends.

Sorry, you need to have someone monitoring that e-mail basket every day if you want to protect your business and customer-service good name.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Give the owner a break. She's trying on the latest batch of thongs.

Draft saved Draft deleted