1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BET Awards: Revamping into Jackson Tribute

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 27, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The show on Sunday will be hosted by Jamie Foxx and will now feature Jackson tribute performances by Beyonce, Timberlake, Jay-Z and others. Should be pretty damn good.
    http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00025312.html

2. DanOregon

Anyone watching this? I'm on a delay since I'm PDT - the Entertainment Weekly live blog makes it sound pretty incredible.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm TiVo-ing it and will most likely watch it tomorrow. Can't miss True Blood....

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If those people constitute a quality tribute, I'd hate to see what a roast would be like.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good Lord, that would have been hysterical.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Beyonce, though beautiful beyond belief, blew blue balls. [/alliteration] Ballads? Really?

Was kinda shocked at Jamie Foxx's crudeness. He discussed his "camel toe" and had lots of bleeped out dialogue.

New Edition kicked butt. Jay-Z was entertaining.

7. DanOregon

Love T-Pain: "I'd like to thank all the haters, you keep givin' me a reason." And his "Big Ass Chain" was pretty damn funny.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Nice of Joe Jackson to show up on the red carpet to plug his upcoming 'blue ray project'...and to have his publicist stand next to him read 'his statement' about his son's passing.

The show was terrible. But Joe and Rev. Sharpton seemed to have had a real good time.

9. DanOregon

I'm flipping between TV Land's rerun of The Jacksons: An American Dream and the BET show, didn't realize the guy who played Michael in his late teens and 20s died a few years after the show aired. Sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted