1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best/worst TV season enders/twists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 21, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thinking about "The Killing" made me think of some of the good and bad season enders for TV shows. Seems a good season ender hits you over the head, opens up new possibilities and makes you circle the date for the next season to begin.

Good.
    Lost's Flash Forward episode (confirmed that they got off the island - but they wanted to go back? What?)
    Dallas' shooting of JR (bastard had it coming, but will he live? who did it and why?)
    Lost's rescue of Walt (there are other people, they have a boat, but they're not good guys).
    24 - Bauer on a slow boat to China after saving the world.
    West Wing - Shooting of Bartlett, opens the next season with a flashback to the initial campaign.
    Prison Break - they escape, only to learn that their "proof" of the conspiracy is dead.
    Rescue Me - Damian gets caught in a collapse, only to be revealed later that he is alive. Just plain chilling. Last season's just as good.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

The good- West Wing season 3 (I think) which ended with Bartlett saying to the Gov of Florida "And for future reference 'Crime, boy I don't know' is when I decided to kick your ass."

Buffy, the graduation episode. Hey, high school's over so why not destroy the place.

The bad- every season ender of Heroes. That show just continually pissed me off in the way if failed to live up to what it could have been

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Good: Weeds

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome: End of the Trinity Killer season of Dexter. Every freaking minute of it.

5. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

+1. Amazing TV.

Season 2 of "The West Wing" was another great season-ender. Mrs. Landingham's unexpected death, Bartlett cursing God in Latin at the National Cathedral, the "will he or won't he run again" after the fallout of him hiding his MS.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Both West Wing season enders are excellent calls.

Battlestar Galactica (yes, I had to do it): Boomer saves the day by planting a bomb on a Cylon base ship, seemingly proving that she is overcoming her programming, only to shoot Commander Adama. Perfectly set up and acted all the way around, especially Apollo's reaction.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, as someone who has the entire season of The Killing on my DVR, I should just start deleting it?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bill Simmons just wrote a brutal review of the finale on Grantland. I'm going to delete it when I get home.

9. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

+2. Best ending of ever!!

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Every season of Lost but the last.

The Sopranos final eposode.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I loved the entire series, but I thought the last episode of "The Shield" was excellent.

Draft saved Draft deleted