1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best wings/BBQ in Myrtle Beach?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Heading to MB for a golf trip next week...
    Where's the best place to get wings down there? I prefer grilled wings dripping in sauce.

Hooters are OK. The eye candy there was Waaaaaaaaaaay better than the Tilted Kilt. Good God did that place suck.

Anyway ....
    Wings/BBQ ???

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Beef O'Brady's has surprisingly good stuff ... I've only been to the location in Carolina Forest. Not sure if there's another one down there.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Good food in MB: that's a tough one. Good luck.

The Beef O'Brady's closest to my office is ridiculously bad. First time I ordered wings there they'd been cooked for about 3 minutes, which was a good thing you couldn't find them in the quart of sauce in which they'd been drowned.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My time in Myrtle Beach totally sucked, aside from a Pelicans game, but we had a good time at Thorney's.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I enjoy Myrtle, but I have good friends there and we tend to stay away from Broadway and the other tourist traps. If that was your only outlet, I could totally see why it isn't that fun.

6. That's mainly where we have gone.. to the chains ... Though we did find a nice little bar to take over last time we there.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Don't go to Myrtle Beach to eat wings and barbecue. Go to Murrells Inlet and eat seafood.

8. That's on the list.

9. Shoeless Joe

If you are set on good local BBQ, drive north a few miles and cross the NC state line. NC BBQ blows SC out of the water. Also, driving north can get you some pretty good Calabash seafood.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

They put mustard in SC BBQ. Instant disqualification.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think there's a Sticky Fingers BBQ in Myrtle Beach. I'm a KC barbecue snob and generally thumb my nose at most of what you find on the East Coast, particularly in the Carolinas, but it's not too bad.

12. Shoeless Joe

If you are going that route, get the wings at Sticky Fingers. Dang good.

Oh, and I'm sorry, but my one experience with KC BBQ didn't hold up. BBQ is best done in North Carolina and East Tennessee.

Draft saved Draft deleted