1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Wii games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Dec 5, 2008.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

My wife wants Wii Fit, but I've read bad reviews and a couple of recent studies that say it's actually not very good if you're looking to get in a little workout. Maybe Wii Active is the way to go, I'll try to convince her of that.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Wii Sports Resort is fantastic. We can't get enough Frisbee golf and 100-pin bowling.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My mom bought a Wii. Played it for the first time on vacation and I can't put down the freaking tennis game. So much fun.

4. I am but one humble man, and I've never done Wii Fit - just read the bad reviews like you - but I give a wholehearted endorsement of EA Active. What I like most about it is the exercises are varied and interesting enough that you don't get sick of it. I could really see myself using it longterm.
    If you go that route, get the new one just coming out - EA Active More Workouts. From what I've heard, it takes an already strong product and makes it a little better. (Better warm-ups/cool-downs, adds ab workouts.)

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

As for Wii Fit, you can work up a light sweat, but it in no way replaces real exercise. That said, the games are fun, just as games.

I like the balance stuff like skiing.

6. dieditor

dieditor Member

Agree on the new Mario game -- it's a blast. Maybe I'm getting older, but it seems like Mario is a hell of a lot harder than it was when I was a kid. But playing a multiplayer game at the same time on the same screen with another player makes for some good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted