1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Wii games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

FYI Cadet, there are Wiiware versions of Dr. Mario and Tetris available to purchase through the Wii's online store.

BTW, my mom bought us a pack of those remote add-ons (tennis racket, golf club, etc.) and aside from using the extra steering wheels with Mario Kart, the others have been more hassle than they're worth.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Wow Jack, that's one heck of a start. Have fun!

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I forgot that you had the 360 already. Why in the name of all that is holy do you NOT have Rock Band 2 yet then?

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Cool, thanks for the tip. Is it possible to purchase those games outside of the online store? The parents only have dial-up access.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Unfortunately, no :-\

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Jack: Sounds like you will have very happy kids.

To answer a few questions, we have Wii music, and the kids love it. It's got my oldest son interested in playing the drums for real. The younger kids especially will love it.

And as for the question, "will my 6-year-old be able to play this game," the answer is always, yes. The 6-year-olds figure it out faster than anyone.

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Is the Star Wars light saber game any good?

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I've heard good stuff about it. Haven't played it yet but everythign I've heard is good.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My parents love the Wii. Love it. Thanks for the help on this thread!

10. Tommy_Dreamer

After further review, Game Informer mag says to stay away from this game. Awful controls is the big reason.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Game Informer isn't a 6-year-old. At least in my house, the kids like the game just to whip around the light saber.

Also, I need to correct myself on saying a 6-year-old could figure out Wii games. My 3-year-old can now control getting around on Wii Fit.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Long as they're enjoying it then it's no problem. Just letting some know what the big drawback for the big kid in all of us.

Draft saved Draft deleted