1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Wii games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Bought the Ocean and Lego Star Wars today. I almost bought Monster Jam: Urban assualt for them (figured the could just drive over crap and destroy it) but found out it doesn't go with the Wii wheel, which made no sense to me.
    Has anyone played it? Or the other Monster Jam game?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My brother and I are giving our parents a Wii for Christmas. I read about senior centers using it to help older people stay active, and my parents used to enjoy playing Tetris and Dr. Mario on the original Nintendo, so I'm hoping this goes over well.

If they get into it, I think we'll follow up with the Nerf sports pack that attaches a little tennis racket or baseball bat to the remotes.

While I'm thinking about it, question about the remotes: Is it easier to buy a bunch of batteries or buy one of the remote chargers?

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

They also have released Monopoly for the Wii which is a brilliant idea. You might consider that one too.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I purchased rechargeable batteries (& a charger obviously) when I bought my 360. They come in handy for the Wii as well, as the Wiimotes seem to be serious power hogs.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

One word of Wii advice: use the wrist straps. Always. Seriously, use the wrist straps. Remember the commercial where the guy swings the remote and it slips out of his hand and shatters the TV? Yeah, really not so funny when it's your TV.

6. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Anyone have a daughter (or son) who plays Wii Cheer? Thoughts about it?

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Do they come with the systems now? We have a friend who lost their plasma screen TV because one of their kids accidentally flung the wiimote through the screen.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

People have been coming in to seek that game out and the store never has it. Hot item much like the Wii Fit this year.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Yes, the straps come with them. They also come with a plastic sleeve. When using both, you pretty much have to want to throw it to have it fly out of your hand.

10. Very true, that little strap has saved me multiple times.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife has never seen an Indiana Jones movie, and she could not stop playing the Lego Indiana Jones game with me. Great, great game.

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Thanks for all the responses -- they were very helpful. We already have an Xbox 360 (mostly for me, but the boys play that occassionally, too), and I have all the EA Sports games and all three LEGO games (both boys love all three of them) on there already.

Wii Sports came with the Wii console, obviously, but we also got the boys Wii Play, Mario Kart, Endless Ocean, DeBlob, Boom Blox, Super Mario Galaxy and Big Brain Academy. That should last 'em awhile. Santa Kerouac's budget is about tapped out now!

Thanks again to everyone who responded to help out.

Draft saved Draft deleted