1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best Web treatment of high school sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigblueman, Nov 28, 2007.

1. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Syracuse was actually OK until early this fall when they made their latest round of changes and lost all cohesiveness in the process. Now it's just too exhausting to go in there and find what you need. The signal-to-noise ratio needs work.

2. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

I'll second http://www.boston.com/sports/schools as my favorite. Chris Forsberg is the man.

3. JLawson

JLawson Member

I work at a Gannett paper too and Prepsfactory drives me nuts. It wasn't designed by a sports person so it's not functional. Baseball has been the worst season by far because for pitchers you can only put in strikeouts, not innings pitched, not walks, not even runs allowed.

But it sure does beat putting them in manually in InCopy then doing something else for online.

Varsity 845 is the best I have seen from a smaller paper and OC Varsity is probably the best that I've seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted