1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best Web treatment of high school sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigblueman, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Is anyone from Newhouse using the new Advance Internet web-based agate system for high school sports?

2. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

Agate is another good point. I used to work for a Gannett paper, and while PrepsFactory had its faults, I liked being able to reverse publish the agate in the paper. It was smooth and something you could do real close to deadline.

Anybody out there work with a good reverse publishing system?

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

St. Louis P-D is very good:

http://prepsports.stltoday.com/

4. times38

times38 Member

the Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Miss., has an unbelievable database, plus some decent blogs and, I think, video. I haven't looked at it in a while.

clarionledger.com

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

bigblueman, the publication that I work for in Canada has just restarted the website but will be undergoing changes during the holiday season. If you are interested in having a look, PM me and I will send you the link and/or if you want to ask what we are looking to do with ours.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not here, as Newhouse/Advance likes to group all of their papers from a particular/state region together under one Web site and not give the smaller papers autonomy over their portion of the site.

8. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Press: I will take a look at Utica. I didn't know they, too, were out from under the Gannett yoke.

I guess I just had a good experience with Syracuse during the championship football run.

I will say I had a good experience on the Chicago Tribune site the other day. Excellent basketball coverage.

9. Smartwriter

Smartwriter Member

I like www.scpigskinprep.com

10. umiami06

umiami06 Member

IMO, the Fort Myers News-Press is the best I've seen.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS01

11. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Middletown, N.Y., is rather impressive. Granted, I didn't click every link in this thread, but that page has just about anything a high school sports reader could want. And it's all in one place.

12. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

http://www.chicagosports.com/preps is the Chicago Tribune's website. They do a decent job. I usually go there when I want information around my area.

Draft saved Draft deleted