1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Way To Backup iTunes & Pictures?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

It's been asked before, I'm sure. But I have an iMac with a few thousand songs either ripped or downloaded onto it and into my iTunes. I also have tons of pics of the newborn and vacations.

What's the very best (meaning the best combo of easiest, relatively cheapest and handiest) way to back all this up? Thanks.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

External USB hard drives are very cheap these days and have plenty of capacity.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Not a flash drive, Buck --- a genuine external hard drive. My external drive (USB powered) is 160GB, which is more than my laptop holds. Cost me in the $100 range. Made by a company called SimpleTech and has the Pininfarina name on it.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have a MyBook external hard drive. If you're transferring from PC to Mac, it's compatible with both (that was my biggest hurdle when I went to buy an external was trying to find one that would work with both).

Most of them come with Firewire for faster transfers as well.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Any USB or Firewire hard drive should run with just about any mainstream OS you pair it up with, whether the box says so or not. May not even need driver software.

Draft saved Draft deleted