1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best video system for sports and sports games?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My son is almost 7. We severely limit video game time, but he does like to play. We.'re thinking about getting a video game system so I can play with him. I'd like to start with an MLB an auto racing game.

What system and games do the gamers here recommend? (Other sports games, too.) I know absolutely nothing.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If you want to play baseball with him, PS4 is the way to go. MLB the Show is a Playstation exclusive. I haven't bought the game in a few years but I think I'm going to this year. You can go as deep or light as you want with it. You can run a franchise as a GM, play a season, play an exhibition game or two, create your own minor leaguer and make your way through the system to the bigs. And the graphics are incredible. I'm also loving the heck out of NHL 16, though you can get that on PS4 or XBox.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like the XBox One a little better in general, but if baseball is a big priority you should probably go with the PS4.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

PS4 for baseball games. MLB The Show has consistently been the best baseball game I've ever played. Far exceeds anything else.

I'm not even sure when the newest NASCAR game was released, if that's the auto racing game you want to get.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BDC99 likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Show is the best sports title ever made.

7. KYSportsWriter

I just reserved my copy of the new game yesterday. I can't freaking wait.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

To add to the chorus - Playstation 4, definitely, if you want an MLB style game. Super Mega Baseball is also supposed to be really good if you're looking for a casual, arcade style baseball game: Super Mega Baseball review: hall of fame

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Could you imagine Madden if SCEA San Diego Studios were developing it instead of EA Sports?
    The Madden franchise looks and plays like Atari in comparison.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  10. KYSportsWriter

That's why I held on to my copy of NFL 2K5 for as long as I could. I didn't want to get rid of that game.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Look into RBI Baseball too, it's very fun and simple to play.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The old NCAA basketball games from Sony were so much better than what EA produced it was ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted