1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best uniforms ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I prefer the new Seahawks helmets with the matted glaze and that glossy pattern down the middle.

91EYrof1VgL._AC_SX425_.jpg

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cardinals home whites. Yankees pinstripes. Dodgers whites. That’s the baseball list.

Packers green, Bears navy blue, Cowboys home unis. Maybe a nod to San Francisco’s gold trim.

Lakers purple, Celtics green.

I think all those look good. I’m only a fan of one of those teams.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You could pick practically any NFL/AFL team uni from the late 1960s. They were tight.
    The baseball uniforms of the same era, that wool/orlon with simple designs, were just majestic.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oregon Ducks anyone!! (Ducking, no pun intended)

The best was and still is USC Songleaders in white wool [​IMG]

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Legit. Aren't they the Song Girls, though?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realized after seeing a few USC cheerleaders up close one time, the sweaters and skirts are classic and look great, but the make-up is a big part of it as well. They still look like like they did in the 60s. And then you see them at basketball games it's like a completely different squad.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Cheerleaders in white (hotter than hot). Song girls in cardinal (more cute than hot).

8. DanOregon

I've always suspected the uniforms and the locker rooms at Oregon were made as a cover story for the real reason top players suddenly started heading to Eugene. They started taking care of players and their families, if you know what I mean.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It was more than 25 years ago when Rich Brooks' daughter, a former Oregon cheerleader, took over the squad. It has been tops in the Pac-10/12 since then.

10. DanOregon

I wish Oregon would do something with their marching band unis. They've been horrible forever. They always seem to look like crossing guards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Uncle Phil has really made the band look bad in an attempt to slather it in Nike.

Provide some low-key caps if you don't want bucket hats with plumes (especially with sousaphone players and percussionists). Offer some track suits to wear when a traditional uniform is either overkill or the weather is really warm. Come up with something innovative, something that schools - both colleges and high schools when the budget allows - will want to add to their look.

But do better than this. Something with a wool/polyester blend ... all wool gets hot in a hurry and too much polyester makes it feel like we're waiting in line at Studio 54. I don't expect a building on the campus in Beaverton to be named for The Music Man, but Uncle Phil or one of his charges can make the band look better than this.

Liut likes this.
  12. DanOregon

Just give them sweaters like the Duck with the kercheif and the beanie, white pants. They'd look fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted