1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best uniform of all time is____________.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportscentral, Apr 12, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Love the 1970's pinstripe Brewers unis with the "MB" glove logo. Also love the 1975 Indians Red/Red home unis. Hockey, nothing says "Original Six" like the Toronto Maple Leafs. Football I will go with the Cleveland Browns and, in hoops, the 1970's Cleveland Cavaliers original wine and gold were sweet.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'll list a number of teams that I hate, despite their cool jerseys:

NFL: Staubach-era Cowboys; the dark green Eagles of recent vintage
    MLB: Oakland A's (in their more conservative kits)
    CFB: Vols, of course. Also really like UCLA's powder blue w/ gold helmet and UCLA script.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And the winner is...

Catholic schoolgirl...

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Any discussion of uniforms that does not include the Orlando Thunder of he World League of American Football is not a discussion I want to be a part of.

I am a big fan of the old Minnesota Twins logo with the two guys (twins) crossing the St. Paul River shaking hands (a logo on the shirt sleeve I believe)

Also liked the Bruins (Boston) jersey with the bear on the shirt.

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

a close second... An authentic 1988 yellow Kansas basketball uniform. The 1988 National Championship team led by National Player of the Year Danny Manning is the only team in the history of Kansas Basketball to wear yellow uniforms. They wore them only once, in a 68-63 road victory at Western Carolina. Head Coach Larry Brown immediately vowed to never use them again after receiving so much backlash from fans who were upset that Kansas had worn something other than the traditional blue or crimson uniforms [​IMG]

8. mrbio

mrbio Member

Canadiens, 80's Astros and Angels, 79 Pirates, 70's LA Rams. Univ or Oregon. Nadal's Nike unis.

9. mrbio

mrbio Member

Agreed, loved those ol Brewers unis, even the road grays were sharp too. Cecil Cooper, Rollie Fingers, Ben Ogilvie, Pete Vukovich, etc. Underrated uni.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

MLB: Pre-perwinkle Angels. Wore them on the home opener and they were sharp. Currently: Love the Rockies purple tops and their home white pinstripes. Also: Cardinals
    NBA: Lakers gold.
    NFL: Colts, Packers, Steelers
    NHL: Blackhawks.
    CFB: Michigan, Penn State.
    CBB: UCLA, though the Bruins wore black at home during the Lavin era and that didn't go over well.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of the '79 Pirates, that World Series against the Orioles gave us one of the most glorious uniform pairings in baseball history -- Pirates' yellow tops vs. Orioles' orange tops:

[​IMG]

12. doctorx

doctorx Member

Surprised the thread has gotten this far with no mention of the 49ers.

Draft saved Draft deleted