1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best uniform change: NBA, NHL, MLB edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Sep 29, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

florida's throwbacks today were much better than their current unis

couldn't find the image of the new d-backs colors. no teal is always a good thing

reds are doing away with much of the black. going back to solid red cap at home (may keep the crappy red had, black bill for the road). no truth to the rumor blue is being reintroduced to the reds unis

and, well, as for the royals, this is the only royals jersey i have:

[​IMG]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pistons were stupid to change to that teal crapola and smart to go back to their RWB....

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Good call. The Orioles should go retro, too...

[​IMG]

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Best retro logo I can't find on a hat--or anything else, for that matter--ANYWHERE:

[​IMG] (Oh the irony, I guess I should vote Republican)

And I always thought these were so awful they were good:

[​IMG]

As a child of the '80s, though, these were always my favorite logos/hats:

[​IMG] (took forever for me to realize that ball and glove included an "m" and a "b," why did they ever change that logo?)

[​IMG]

But over the years, this has become my favorite...sharp and clean:

[​IMG]

5. Trey Beamon

I knew about the Brew Crew glove/ball logo. I eventually figured out the old Expos hat didn't read "ELB."

As for the Flyers, I know there's a "P" somewhere...I just don't see it.

[​IMG]

6. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I feel the Calgary Flames current uniform is rather underrated. Black "C" with white outline against a red base. Quality.

[​IMG]

A lot better than this stupid thing:

[​IMG]

And you've gotta love the old Atlanta Flames "A" being used for the assistant captains:

[​IMG]

(That was the best picture I could find of it, sorry.)

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Because the Selig's were fucking dumbasses. They went to the hideous blue and green interlocking M/B in the mid 90s, thinking they needed a fresh look. Bastard mother fuckers.

The fans have been clamoring for the above logo ever since. The Brewers wear that hat and modified uniform for Sunday home games, but they need to bring it back permanently next year. It might be serendipitous, the first year they wore those uni's was 1978, the first year they contended for anything. Then again, maybe they'll be disappointing as shit again, who knows?

I mean, you go to Miller Park, and virtually NO ONE is wearing the current vintage Brewer stuff, it's all the 80s vintage logos and colors. C'mon Attanasio, get your head out of your ass and approve this switch now.

8. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

but, it does say "ELB" in addition to being a Script "M". I believe the ELB stands for something in french, "exposition le baseball".

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I loved it when the Reds went back to the vest back in 94, but I hated the white caps. Even the black bill was an improvement to the white cap.

I would love to see the all red cap come back full-time, but I'm not sure I want to see it with the Sunday red jersey. That might be a bit too much.

10. Trey Beamon

The Pirates will debut a red alternate jersey in 2007...ugh.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Red? WTF is wrong with yelow gold? That might look sharp.

Actually, I was a fan of the old Pirate unis, when they had the white, pinstriped, black and gold outfits. Weren't they also interchangable to some extent?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nope. The M is for Montreal, the E is for Expos and the B is for baseball. That's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted