1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best TV high schools

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I expect BYH and Mikey to have field day with this ...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/tv-high-schools/

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

BAYSIDE HIGH VS. WEST BEVERLY HIGH!

BYH (IN PERHAPS THE LAST BATTLE BEFORE HIS DEATH) VS. MIKEY!

THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Copy edit much, MSN?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks for setting this one up for me, Inky.

My vote is for Bayside High, easily. Of all the ones I watched when I was younger (through this afternoon), Bayside had the most to offer.

No other TV school, that I know, had a swimming pool, an automotive workshop, a bookstore -- and it was a legit shop, too, with calendars and everything -- a big auditorium, an elevator (for faculty only ... unless you're helping a pregnant lady out), a radio station, a TV station, a gym, a baseball field, a good track and much, much more.
    so
    Not only was it big, it had many beneficial facets to boast. There were dances seemingly every other week. The track, wrestling, football and basketball teams were all in contention for district titles -- as were the chess and academic squads. They offered French and Spanish and ran great programs -- virtually all instructed by Richard Belding, one of the finest principals to step into a school. And aside from a bookbag full of caffeine pills and a joint, there really wasn't much of a drug problem there.

John Adams High, from Boy Meets World, was good, but we really didn't see a whole lot of it. They had a big science lab -- before Cory and Shawn started the fire in it -- and the gym was big enough to host a WWF-sized wrestling match, complete with Robert Goulet and Yasmine Bleeth.

Don Van Atta High -- from Full House, named after one of the producers (and now the namesake of a young punk band) -- really wasn't shown a lot. Steve was the captain of his wrestling team, but his success wasn't really broadcast; just a practice Danny interrupted.

Bel-Air Prep was a strong institution, always grooming the best of the best into better people. All the smartest, richest, well-off folks went there. The basketball team was good -- with the addition of Will -- but nothing else really stuck out, at least not enough to be shown.

So, it's Bayside for me. And with that, I leave you with the clincher -- the school song.

It seems like only yesterday we started,
    But soon we'll put away our books and pens.
    We'll go on with our lives once we have parted,
    But how can we say farewell to our friends?

The double dates, the parties and the dances,
    Crammin' for a midterm until 3.
    The football games, the Max and the romances,
    Soon Bayside will be just a memory (a memory)

Our four years here have all become unraveled,
    And so our high school story finally ends (it finally ends)
    But years from now, no matter where we've traveled,
    We'll all look back and think about our friends.
    We'll all look back and think about our friends.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Deering High School had the best basketball team in the history of American sports, so I must give them an honorable mention.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

What about the high school where Mr Cooper taught?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

These guys think that list is fail.

[​IMG]

8. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Pacific Coast High, home of the California Dreams. One of the finest teenage rock bands ever.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You mean Oakbridge High School?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Any school with Tiffany is a good choice.

11. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I believe there were budget problems in that district, because alot of those classes were held in the same exact classroom year after year.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Who didn't know that was coming?!

Draft saved Draft deleted