1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best towns for an A*& whipping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 25, 2006.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Richmond, Calif., and Sylmar, Calif (covered a football game here and the area around the HS was the only place I've actually feared for my life) come immediately to mind.

Areas on the west side of San Bernardino (see job thread on other board) are also fine places to get your A** kicked. Opt for north Muscoy for white trash, south Muscoy for the brothers.

2. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

any town that has a military base.
    I live in one and have seen some gruesome fights. you mix a pack of GIs and plentiful amounts of alcohol and you get people looking to beat some ass. it's pretty entertaining to watch as long as you don't get caught up in it.

3. flanders

flanders Member

Southie . . . Boston, MA.

Chock-full of bored, sun-burnt, pissed off, Notre Dame Fightin' Irish leprechaun tattoo-sporting, chowderheaded punks looking for any excuse to throw down 364 days of the year.

(Multiply the agression by a million on St. Patty's Day.)

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Southampton, Ontario. A pleasant little vacation town most of the time, but it's also right next door to an Indian reserve.

There's a little tavern called the Phoenix, on the northwest corner of the main intersection. The place is known informally as the Bucket, which is short for Bucket of Blood. Make sure you go on the last Friday night of the month because that's when the government cheques are issued, meaning the place will be very busy.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Saw a few good scraps in Meaford when a buddy was stationed at the forces base there.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've actually been to the Phoenix. You're right about that place.  Gotta love bars in rural Ontario. Some of them qualify as our very own Appalachia.

In my neighbourhood there's a bar called the Mimico Station which makes the Goose look like the Ritz Carlton.

One of the scariest places I've ever been in. It's a cross between the bar scene in Star Wars and Voyage of the Damned.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A good northern Ontario ass-kicking can be found most any night at the fabulous Ledo Hotel in Sudbury.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A long time ago in the only bar in Chesley, Ontario I found myself shooting sticks with two bikers. What started off as a buck a game turned into double or nothing and before I knew it I was up about 60 bucks. They were none too pleased and they were huge mothers.

Found a way to lose the next 1/2 dozen games REAL quickly.

9. abelives

abelives Guest

Exactly. For a good ol' fashioned ass whooping, I think I'd take Gary's next-door neighbor, Hammond, Ind. Blue-collar/impoverished enough to harbor its share of rednecks and roughnecks. But sophisticated enough that you won't end up getting killed unless you get mixed up in some bad shit.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Not only are military bases full of young dudes who think they're tough, but the guys in bars around bases want to start shit with military dudes to show that they're tough.
    Also, regarding New Orleans. A couple of weeks ago, I was there for a bachelor party. Couple of friends of mine see two dudes in the middle of Bourbon Street, getting ready to fight. They break it up, but one of the dudes goes up to a friend of mine who was minding his own business, and starts trying to take a bottle of water out of his hand. They go back and forth for a couple of seconds, then my buddy wisely lets go. Whole way back to the hotel, my buddy was saying "Man, I should have punched that guy for taking my water." Uhhh, no dude....you made the right call.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That includes Manhattan, Kan. -- right near Fort Riley -- where one of my best friend got jumped, which in turn got us jumped, way too many times. Got old real quick.

12. Hack-n-Flack2

Hack-n-Flack2 Member

For certain, you can get fine ass-whipping in Newark. But for my money there are some other North Jersey towns where you'll get downright clobbered, specifically Plainfield and Irvington.

Red Hook. Brooklyn? Nah. Too gentrified. You might get hit upside the head with a micro-brew, though. Try the 7-5, Brownsville and East New York. You'll get hit pretty good in Canarsie too.

Why no love for Flint, Romulus or River Rouge?

Draft saved Draft deleted