1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best towns for an A*& whipping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 25, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I got beat up by some local kids at the docks in some little town in Donegal when I was 10.
    That's my only beating on foreign soil.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

S.E or N.E. Washington DC.
    Baltimore, East Baltimore to get beat by white trash, West Baltimore to get beat hard core black crack heads

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The Red Hook section of Brooklyn. Just breathe long enough and a fist will be pointed at your jaw.

4. Monkey

Monkey Member

Well, you know those Donegal docks...

5. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

Once got punched in the face by a kid riding past on his bike in Washington D.C. It was totally unprovoked except for the fact I was fresh off work as a congressional intern, wearing a suit and tie through a part of town where that sort of crap is apparently not tolerated.
    It wasn't an ass whipping, but a surprise nonetheless. My "Welcome to D.C. Moment"

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was just a 10-year-old American kid who walked down to watch the fishing boats come in. We were on a fmialy vacation, and I was spending the weekend with my cousin at Gaelic school.
    These kids apparently didn't like Americans.
    I just got a little scuffed up. It wasn't a bad beating in the overall scheme of things.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. A fist--among other things--will be pointed at your jaw.

8. boots

boots New Member

This just in, throw in Petersburg, VA. and Miami, Fla.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Wasn't Gary, Ind., always considered a rough spot?

Judging by all the fights Florida's football players have been in during the past two years, Gainesville might be a good spot.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Pu-lease. What, do the thugs in C-Falls kick your ass, then spend the rest of the day on the waterslides?

I'll see your Columbia Falls and raise you either Butte or Anaconda. Take your pick.

I would also nominate Olympia, Wash., and Hillsboro, Ore., for this dubious honor. Friend of mine got randomly hit in the face with a forty bottle outside a gas station in Hillsboro. Never even saw the guy. Lost eight teeth.

Another friend got hit over the head with an aluminum bat in Olympia. It took 78 stiches to close the wound.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Come to Mimico. Come to the Blue Goose.

Oh, and wear an Ottawa jersey.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Good Lord. Is La Grande, Ore., in the same category as Hillsboro?

Draft saved Draft deleted